PDA

View Full Version : Magic for consumer use?

Lazerface
06-18-2016, 02:03 PM
Seems in the FF games I've never seen magic exactly get used for consumer usage. I might be wrong and I think might recall it getting used recreationally. But my memory is as faded as political views. Anyway most of the time I see magic get used in an offensive, defensive, and supportive manner. But could any of yall see magic get used for recreational purposes or everyday consumer usage? I'd imagine mosquito field magic would become popular in the South to keep away mosquitoes. lol.

Fox
06-18-2016, 02:56 PM
Seems in the FF games I've never seen magic exactly get used for consumer usage. I might be wrong and I think might recall it getting used recreationally. But my memory is as faded as political views. Anyway most of the time I see magic get used in an offensive, defensive, and supportive manner. But could any of yall see magic get used for recreational purposes or everyday consumer usage? I'd imagine mosquito field magic would become popular in the South to keep away mosquitoes. lol.

This is one of the reasons the Harry Potter books are so popular. It's fun seeing magic used for mundane things like washing the dishes or for playing around. There's probably plenty​ for uh... "recreational" use xD

Depression Moon
06-18-2016, 03:11 PM

This is one of the reasons the Harry Potter books are so popular. It's fun seeing magic used for mundane things like washing the dishes or for playing around. There's probably plenty​ for uh... "recreational" use xD

Damn, I came in here to say the same thing.

Lazerface
06-18-2016, 03:32 PM

Damn, I came in here to say the same thing. Someone lights a giant bong with Fira?! XD Or freezes the roads with Freezega!

Depression Moon
06-18-2016, 06:00 PM

Damn, I came in here to say the same thing. Someone lights a giant bong with Fira?! XD Or freezes the roads with Freezega!

What is Freezega? You mean Blizzaga or Frost?

I'd imagine fire spells are for cookin and for lights.

Galuf
06-18-2016, 07:28 PM

What is Freezega? You mean Blizzaga or Frost?

I'd imagine fire spells are for cookin and for lights.

Freezega is Freeza's Super un released form isnt it?

I think i would like to use random spells. itd be fun

Wolf Kanno
06-18-2016, 07:41 PM
Background info in both FFX and XII pretty much show that people do use magic for building things like the Spheres or the flying cars in Archades, so you have that.

FFVI actually has a very minor shout out to the idea the Empire was actually allowing magical augmentation to civilians for everyday use, such as the one child who was given Cure magic. Normally magic is just shown to create really cool engineering achievements as opposed to say watching a wizard to use Fire to cook or Float to help clean the floors. The closest you get is Matoya's Fantasia Brooms that clean her cave.