PDA

View Full Version : Sakaguchi is Forming a New Studio. Thinking About Dawnwalker for the Name

Depression Moon
06-22-2016, 04:23 AM
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/1/12621/1241459-sakaguchi.jpg

In a recent Mistwalker broadcast, Hironobu Sakaguchi announced that he's planning on opening a new development studio. For right now he's thinking about Dawnwalker as the name and plans to open the studio in the Roppongi section of Tokyo, Japan. He went on to state that his studio are going to recruit a lot of staff for this new development studio. Hironobu Sakaguchi was a former employee of Square Enix and created the Final Fantasy series. He made a recent appearance at Square's Final Fantasy XV Uncovered Event back in March.

You can watch the broadcast below. Thanks to Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/20/hironobu-sakaguchi-planning-new-development-company-considering-name-dawnwalker/#VzpKbyr6IzYLR3gu.99) for the translation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLAAnsxsN0k

Freya
06-22-2016, 04:25 AM
I wonder what this is! What is he making and why not with Mistwalker? And why Dawn walker! MYSTERY

Ayen
06-22-2016, 04:31 AM
I see he's following Kojima's lead. I'm curious to see what comes of it, though not sure how I feel about 'Dawnwalker.'

Wolf Kanno
06-22-2016, 07:36 AM
I remember reading about this. Curious to see what comes of it and how this will affect, if at all, Mistwalker.

Formalhaut
06-22-2016, 02:36 PM
Dawnwalker for a studio name? Eh... sounds like he's trying to hard. Sounds artsy and pretentious. You'd name a Nasa probe something like that!

Fynn
06-22-2016, 03:41 PM
Damn, Sakaguchi! Lookin' good!

Depression Moon
06-22-2016, 06:34 PM
Some comments on Siliconera and other places say that Mistwalker just does game design and this new one will actually develop games. That's weird to me because I thought they made Lost Odyssey and the rest. If they only came with the concept, then who brought it into realization?

Wolf Kanno
06-22-2016, 07:03 PM
Dawnwalker for a studio name? Eh... sounds like he's trying to hard. Sounds artsy and pretentious. You'd name a Nasa probe something like that!

You should read his blog. The man is eccentric, which is the best I could describe him.

Some comments on Siliconera and other places say that Mistwalker just does game design and this new one will actually develop games. That's weird to me because I thought they made Lost Odyssey and the rest. If they only came with the concept, then who brought it into realization?

Okay, this makes a little more sense now. Yeah, Mistwalker was always a design studio, but this looks like an actual development studio. Mistwalker always partnered up with different studios to help design their games. Lost Odyseey was co-developed with feelplus (Mindjack, Moon Diver) Blue Dragon was co-developed with Artoon (Blinx series, Yoshi's Island DS) and The Last Story was co-developed with AQ Interactive (Arcana Heart, as well as being the parent company of the first two studios) which is largely why many of Mistwalker's titles don't pop up on multiple systems because they tend to team up with smaller studios to make their games. Perhaps this means we will get some better cross-platform design from the studio.

Editga: Also Sakaguchi is pretty fit and sexy for his age. Man loves his surfing.

Ayen
06-22-2016, 07:09 PM

Or a video game.

Final Fantasy spiritual successor confirmed?

Del Murder
06-23-2016, 12:03 AM
Love the photo choice. Can't say I've been too impressed with Mistwalker's stuff so I'm not sure if this news matters that much to me.

Fynn
06-23-2016, 09:41 AM
I wish I could look that good at 53!

maybee
06-23-2016, 10:59 AM

Or a video game.

Final Fantasy spiritual successor confirmed?

* Crossing fingers *