PDA

View Full Version : What if we had our own video game studio?

Ayen
06-23-2016, 12:02 AM
Like say, we had a video game studio. Eyes on Games (EoG), or something, and we all had our own division in that studio to focus on whatever kind of games we want to make for the general public. What kind of games would be your primary focus? What systems would you aim for when creating these games?

I would probably prioritize 2D side scrolling games inspired from the 16 bit era at first. Taking inspiration from games available on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Super Nintendo. I'll probably aim these for Steam since that made it easier for these kind of games to thrive, but I wouldn't be opposed to porting them to other systems that would have them. At some point I'd like to spread out to more modernized 3D games, since I do have some ideas for them, but I like to keep it simple when I start something new.

Your turn.

Karifean
06-23-2016, 12:13 AM
VNs of course! We've got quite a number of talented writers around here after all! Systems would probably be PC and handhelds primarily.

Galuf
06-23-2016, 01:16 AM
i wouldnt mind making a non generic FPS like Metroid Prime

krissy
06-23-2016, 04:25 AM
i'd make music for you guys

actually if anyone wants some music for a project let me know we can chat

Wolf Kanno
06-23-2016, 11:22 PM
I'm not sure if I would have a division. I'm sure whatever I had would be a bit weird and experimental. I'll be our Development Studios Kawazu despite thinking of myself as the studio Miyamoto. I just like too many genres to stick to one, and I like weird experimental game design, so I doubt I would function well in a more straight lace AAA title development. Who knows. I'd probably start with RPGs and move onto fighting and Rhythm games afterwards.

Night Fury
06-23-2016, 11:25 PM
Costume design

Ayen
06-24-2016, 12:50 AM
I'm not sure if I would have a division. I'm sure whatever I had would be a bit weird and experimental. I'll be our Development Studios Kawazu despite thinking of myself as the studio Miyamoto. I just like too many genres to stick to one, and I like weird experimental game design, so I doubt I would function well in a more straight lace AAA title development. Who knows. I'd probably start with RPGs and move onto fighting and Rhythm games afterwards.

I had a feeling you'd start off with RPGs.

I had the OP setup to keep it simple, but people can jump around if they want. I'd probably branch off to 2D fighting games after messing with action, shooters, platformers, and beat 'em ups.

Ooh! I'd make a beat 'em up game that has the classic 'woman is captured' but she breaks out of her prison and goes after all the guys involved in her kidnapping starting with the prison guards.

Fox
06-24-2016, 01:18 AM
Zelda with girl link

Pheesh
06-24-2016, 02:13 AM
I just wanna be Mick Gordon

ua-f0ypVbPA

krissy
06-24-2016, 04:25 AM
Zelda with girl link

http://gfbrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/tumblr_ml3zfsJvde1qcbajko2_1280_resized.jpg

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/9e99e080dec10ef4abc235725b4287df1365967614_full.jpg

http://dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/47724463171/inspired-by-anita-sarkeesians-video-game-tropes

nagi
06-24-2016, 07:22 PM
This is actually a very interesting topic! I started making a small game recently (it's still in a very early stage) but if someone wants to help with, let's say, testing or anything gamedev'ish, please add me in Steam: Nagibalus. Game is a little bit like FF Record Keeper, so if you like it just like me - join the party!

Thanks!

Fynn
06-24-2016, 07:27 PM
I'd write the stories :cool:

crashNUMBERS
06-30-2016, 06:35 PM
i'd make music for you guys

actually if anyone wants some music for a project let me know we can chat
dont mean to have the spotlight forcibly shared with me but I second this. I would love to help

Bubba
07-01-2016, 09:45 AM
I would inject humour into the script so it isn't too serious.

Bubba - Funniest Member - Winter Ciddies 2015.

krissy
07-02-2016, 04:53 PM
nice resume bubba
you're hired

Sephiroth
07-02-2016, 08:20 PM
I am currently developing an android app RPG.

Ayen
07-02-2016, 08:34 PM
I would inject humour into the script so it isn't too serious.

Bubba - Funniest Member - Winter Ciddies 2015.

Depending how we apply the humor into the script to alter what's already there we could potentially enrich the overall script of the game improving upon its foundation and adding to it instead of taking anything away and losing the essence of the original idea. Thus avoiding the dangers of self parody.

Ayen - Smartest Member - Winter Ciddies 2016.

Ooh. What's it about?

Sephiroth
07-02-2016, 08:49 PM

Ooh. What's it about?

I cannot tell you too much but it is an RPG working with a concept of two worlds existing parallel. One is logical earth, the other one is a typical fantasy-world. The main character is confronted with this truth. It is basically a short RPG, supposed to be only a few hours long but the story and character design was the first thing I did when I started making the game. After that, with having the "soul", I worked together with the others on making the game's "shell".

Ayen
07-02-2016, 11:41 PM

Ooh. What's it about?

I cannot tell you too much but it is an RPG working with a concept of two worlds existing parallel. One is logical earth, the other one is a typical fantasy-world. The main character is confronted with this truth. It is basically a short RPG, supposed to be only a few hours long but the story and character design was the first thing I did when I started making the game. After that, with having the "soul", I worked together with the others on making the game's "shell".

Two worlds existing side by side changing how we see the known universe. The next step would be to compare and contrast them. What makes them different, what makes them the same, how they compliment each other, or do they at all and they're entirely different with no comparison. Then you're faced with another question. Is the logical earth truly logical or is it fantasy? Is the fantasy world fantasy? Or logical? How do you define and demonstrate what's logical and what's fantasy? How can you implement these ideas with the limitations of the technology you're using? What are the limitations of an android app?

Sephiroth
07-02-2016, 11:52 PM
Logical and surreal by our definitions. The surreal world does follow its own logic indeed but by our definition it is logically not consistent. Just what a fantasy world is. That is because our world in my game is described as the "logical" one as both worlds are made of physical and spiritual matter but ours consists more of physical one while the spiritual concentration in the other one is way higher. It is a yin yang co-existence. They are both real, the are both corporeal but the substance is different. Actually this difference plays an important role in why the story happens in the first place. The limitations of the android app play no actual role for me. I can still tell the story and show the kind of old-school 2D RPG I want. Surely having the desire of making a 3D PS4 scale RPG would cause its problems for the app but let's just say - that is my wish for other stories.

Ayen
07-03-2016, 12:11 AM
I look forward to seeing the results of your game.