PDA

View Full Version : Just started Bravely Default, a few questions

blackmage_nuke
06-23-2016, 10:42 PM
Before I get myself into a whole host of mid game problems is there any reason I should not grind levels (like scaling enemies in ffviii) or any reason I shouldnt grind job levels or any mid to late game advantages that can be gained by not grinding early on (like ffvi esper stat boosts)

It's a fairly old game and I don't want to go googling online for fear of spoilers

CimminyCricket
06-23-2016, 11:07 PM
Enemies don't scale, and you can raise/lower the difficulty on the fly, so you can grind if you want. I beat the game with everyone but one person as a single job, so you can really do whatever you want. Some people have posted online that a set up of specific jobs is best, but I did whatever I wanted the whole game through.

Pumpkin
06-23-2016, 11:56 PM
There's nothing like that as far as I know. As Cim said, it's a lot of "play your way", although I would personally recommend you do try your best to just grind, period. Even on easy, the game expects you to reach rather high levels to complete it. So try not to avoid fights and the like unless you really want more of a challenge and the harder modes don't do it for you.

Fynn
06-24-2016, 07:49 AM
Nothing will really prevent you from doing that, but there isn't really much point to it because there are points where the JP and XP just skyrocket from what they were before, so grinding early on isn't really time-efficient.

Skyblade
06-24-2016, 03:17 PM
Nothing will really prevent you from doing that, but there isn't really much point to it because there are points where the JP and XP just skyrocket from what they were before, so grinding early on isn't really time-efficient.

It's quite easy to tell when these moments are, though, especially for JP. If you enjoy the grinding, I'd go ahead and grind jobs until you reach a point where there's a seemingly ridiculous number of JP to get to the next level, repeat that for every job, and go from there. You'll get the Exp you need from that as well, and you can then grind more later.