PDA

View Full Version : Youtubers Life

Ayen
06-24-2016, 01:41 AM
I got this game during the Steam sale after watching a Let's Play on YouTube. It's basically a management game where you make videos and try to become the number one Youtuber in the world! At the stage I'm in I basically get harassed by my mom for not studying, having my PC break down and not being able to afford upgrades yet because money, and dealing with an immensely impatient subscriber base who will unsub at the drop of a hat if I'm not pumping out videos like a machine, and commenters always making fun of my editing skills even though I'm getting better!

Anyone else played/playing this game?

maybee
06-25-2016, 11:21 AM
Watched a couple of people play it on YouTube and got bored of it pretty quickly. :/

Elly
06-30-2016, 01:33 PM
you gotta love the poetry of YouTubers playing a game about being a YouTuber... but no, i loath the concept of YouTube Celebrity, won't be trying it...

Spuuky
06-30-2016, 04:44 PM
I have to say this seems like the single worst core game concept I've ever seen.

Shauna
06-30-2016, 04:49 PM
I have to say this seems like the single worst core game concept I've ever seen.

There are (at least) two of these games on Steam right now, someone must think it's a great idea.

crashNUMBERS
06-30-2016, 06:29 PM
lol don't you already play this game?

Edit:

you gotta love the poetry of YouTubers playing a game about being a YouTuber... but no, i loath the concept of YouTube Celebrity, won't be trying it...

woop, beat me there

Psychotic
06-30-2016, 06:35 PM
I have to say this seems like the single worst core game concept I've ever seen.There are (at least) two of these games on Steam right now, someone must think it's a great idea.There's three! YouTubers Life, TubeTycoon and Video Blogger Story. To me they all look a bit ehhhh though. I don't really like the Simsesque style of YouTubers Life, it's all a bit twee for me.

A lot of teens and young people have dreams of making it big on YouTube, like maybe in the past they would've had dreams of being a pop star. I can see why the game has a market. YouTube is big business now and it's only expanding. You can hate it, but this is how a generation consumes its media.

Ayen
06-30-2016, 08:56 PM
Unfortunately, once I started playing the game, I kinda loss interest in playing the game. It gets repetitive pretty fast. It's more fun watching other people play it. Doesn't help that my computer doesn't seem capable of handling turning the camera with my mouse, so that sucks a lot of the fun out. Why I no learn how to read specs?

you gotta love the poetry of YouTubers playing a game about being a YouTuber...

YOUCEPTION!
We have to go deeper.

Old Manus
07-01-2016, 10:03 AM
A lot of teens and young people have dreams of making it big on YouTube, like maybe in the past they would've had dreams of being a pop star.When I was younger I had dreams of making it big on internet message boards.

Elly
07-01-2016, 01:51 PM
lol Psychotic... in fact as a child in the '80s i had dreams of being a pop star like Madonna, Tiffany, or Debbie Gibson... now kids wanna be like (yic) pewtiepie...

OMG Ayen, YOUCEPTION!, i'm glad i didn't get my soda quite to my mouth when i read that, a small drip from the can is a lot better outcome than a sprayed screen...