PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Recomendation

sergeysephy
04-06-2002, 04:43 AM
I suggest that we have a new forum topic. Anime. Many ppl who like games also like anime. I think it would be a good idea so that ppl could talk about a variety of things here, tho still mostly final fantasy. So I think it would be a good suggestion to have an anime "forum area" in this forum.

Agent Proto
04-06-2002, 04:54 AM
As much as we'd like to have one. Most of your Anime Thread needs will be located at The Lounge.

sergeysephy
04-06-2002, 04:57 AM
ok, but if u don't mind, i'd like to push for an anime forum just the same

Britt
04-06-2002, 05:28 PM
That'd be a nice idea, if it got enough traffic. Looking at The Lounge, I don't see enough anime posts to keep an entire forum busy. It's a good idea, though.

Bahamut2000X
04-06-2002, 06:24 PM
I agree we need a Anime forum. Anime is a very large industry by itself and we should make a entire forum based on. Many other forums I have seen have a Anime forum too.

Garland
04-07-2002, 03:16 AM
I think it'd be nice, but it'd just be another "Writers Corner" - a good idea with no support.

Britt
04-07-2002, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Garland
I think it'd be nice, but it'd just be another "Writers Corner" - a good idea with no support.

Exactly. It's one of those things that sounds awesome before you go through with it, like the Xenogears Forum, The Writer's Corner, and Study Hall. Please note that all three of these wonderful ideas are now suffering for attention and eating bandwidth.

Loony BoB
04-07-2002, 04:45 AM
*quietly points out that he disapproves of the Study Hall and Xenogears Forums, and wishes the Art/FanFic Forum would be remade*

I actually think that an Anime forum would do better than any of the above. Anime is much more broad, and there are many anime boards online already - all doing well, last time I saw a couple. I don't like anime too much, personally. But I do know many who adore it like hell, and I think that more people would use that forum than a place to submit schoolwork questions or a specific gaming forum that isn't known of by half the members.

I support the move. O_o;; Well, I support the demolition of the Xenogears/Study Hall forums and the rejoining of Art & Writing. And then we'll have room for an Anime Forum. I reckon it'd work better like that.

Britt
04-08-2002, 03:21 AM
*brings the idea before the Council of Boundless Evil*

Citizen Bleys
04-08-2002, 03:20 PM
In spite of the fact that some of us on Staff want an anime forum as well, the fact remains that not enough anime discussion occurs at EoFF to support a forum for it. (I'm one of the ones who would like to have an anime forum, but I grant that it would get virtually zero traffic once the novelty wore off)

For your anime needs, I suggest that you visit <a href=http://www.animeglobe.com/ubb/>AnimeGlobe.com</a> (in spite of the /ubb/ in the URL, it's a vBulletin), or <a href=http://pub53.ezboard.com/banimeid>Anime: In Depth</a> (which is a cousin of a board EoFF was affiliated with in ezBoard days)

In either case, you won't find just an anime forum, but an entire anime community.

If you visit animeglobe, <s>don't</s> tell them Belisarius sent you, and you should be fine :p

Bahamut2000X
04-09-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Satan
In spite of the fact that some of us on Staff want an anime forum as well, the fact remains that not enough anime discussion occurs at EoFF to support a forum for it. (I'm one of the ones who would like to have an anime forum, but I grant that it would get virtually zero traffic once the novelty wore off)

I say then me,sergeysephy, loonybob, garland, and britt will hold up that forums by ourselves. Who's with me? *Runs of to go watch every anime he can to make many many threds to keep anime forum*

Citizen Bleys
04-09-2002, 02:33 AM
*hums "beautiful dreamer"*

Britt
04-09-2002, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Bahamut2000X
... and <b>britt</b> will hold up that forums by ourselves.

Please note: "An anime forum is an okay idea" does not equal "I will bother myself with the anime forum." xP

Sakura Yume
04-11-2002, 04:05 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>Well, I'm really fond of anime but I don't think EoFF really needs it. The Lounge doesn't really get new threads that often, and there aren't that many on anime to start up a whole new forum for mods to deal with. That's just my opinion though. I agree with Daniel on the forum thing though. Anime would be better than study hall cos more people would post there.

Daryl
04-11-2002, 11:26 PM
I think that the Lounge is an adequate enough place for anime discussion at this time.

sergeysephy
04-11-2002, 11:33 PM
I, for one, had never even thought of posting anime threads in the lounge. Many a time I have suggested for people to come here, but about 60% decided against it for lack of an anime forum. (they were kewel ppl from the old forum). So I guess it is just a suggestion, but I think that the merging idea and changing study hall to anime is a good idea. Of course, I'm not the admin, now am i?

Bannor
04-12-2002, 05:31 PM
Frankly I dont think it would thrive. I mean there are only about 3 or 4 anime threads in the lounge, so it prolly isnt all that good of an Idea.

sergeysephy
04-26-2002, 11:54 PM
That's probably becaue they didn't think of it. I hadn't either until sum1 mentioned it here.