View Full Version : FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS

krissy
07-01-2016, 04:44 PM
i am annoyed that it was supposed to be a throwback game but

a) you can't walk around

b) there's an energy system so your play time is limited per day

fat_moogle
07-01-2016, 05:29 PM
This is the mobile title, right? It looked pretty good in the screenshots that were released ages ago, but from your description it sounds terrible! How is the gameplay?

Fox
07-02-2016, 01:40 PM
My friend was telling me all about this the other day. From what I hear it would be pretty decent if a) it had a better UI and b) they hadn't free-to-played the trout out of it. Is it even F2P? I assume it is with all the energy and pack buying mechanics.

Y'all might want to get the soundtrack though.

P4DElb9c1u8

krissy
07-02-2016, 03:36 PM
ok i was wrong

you can walk around

after like 40 minutes you can explore towns and i guess there's mini quests there which is nice.

but that functionality doesnt feel smooth, whatever tho

so i've stacked up a lot of energy which, if it continues past the first month or so, is not a bad system for battles (i wont play this forever in a day anyway) but the taste is still weird in my mouth

if you guys ever played that windwalked game where you push squares around and you need energy to compete in the battles during the journey the system is the same as that. but i have 43/11 energy points right now so it doesnt seem terribly bad yet.

Ayen
07-03-2016, 08:39 AM
That sounds unnecessarily complicated. Then again, I've never played a game on a mobile, so there could be some merit to the style I'm not seeing.

Fynn
07-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Played this a bit and it seems decent. I actually enjoy it way better than Record Keeper which was a similar idea but I just could not get into it.

Why don't they make regular RPGs for iOS anymore? What happened to stuff like Final Fantasy Dimensions? That was actually really enjoyable and I'd like more of that. Here, all this energy stuff and all those ads for character purchasing just totally break immersion for me. The games I've enjoyed most on iOS were either made in the style of regular RPGs (FFD) or remakes (FFV and VI, SMT1, Secret of Mana, Dragon Quests 1-3).

DMKA
07-07-2016, 11:39 PM
That sounds horrible. Which is a shame because the trailers for this game looked great.

Mirage
07-09-2016, 03:30 AM
That sounds unnecessarily complicated. Then again, I've never played a game on a mobile, so there could be some merit to the style I'm not seeing.

Nah, there really isn't.

Fynn
07-09-2016, 06:01 AM
That sounds horrible. Which is a shame because the trailers for this game looked great.

Nah, the game itself is actually pretty good. Nothing really terrible about it. It just uses a format that's kinda the norm now, though I never liked it too much personally.

fat_moogle
07-09-2016, 08:42 PM
I wish I could download it to at least try it.

Note to self: Never buy a Microsoft phone again.

Fynn
07-12-2016, 03:46 PM

P4DElb9c1u8

Yep. Seconding this. This game's soundtrack has my official endorsement. The main battle theme sounds like a classic FF Battle Theme combined with Revo's Bravely Default style. And honestly, why do so few games use live bands? I mean, I get synths have gotten way better than in the past, but it still can't beat the quality of actual live instruments. And the band works better than the orchestra, actually, as a huge sweeping symphony is much harder to grasp completely when recording it. The compact size of the band actually makes it resonate so much more with the listener.

fat_moogle
07-12-2016, 04:08 PM

P4DElb9c1u8

Yep. Seconding this. This game's soundtrack has my official endorsement. The main battle theme sounds like a classic FF Battle Theme combined with Revo's Bravely Default style. And honestly, why do so few games use live bands? I mean, I get synths have gotten way better than in the past, but it still can't beat the quality of actual live instruments. And the band works better than the orchestra, actually, as a huge sweeping symphony is much harder to grasp completely when recording it. The compact size of the band actually makes it resonate so much more with the listener.
That's...an epic track!

Spuuky
07-22-2016, 09:29 PM
The game's fine, it has all the same problems as every other time-gated mobile game, but whatever. I will continue to occasionally play it between other things.