PDA

View Full Version : Pick your villains

Sephiroth
07-02-2016, 12:25 AM
Let's say Square gives you the chance to pick three main villains (you can include those side bosses as well as that might give you a chance to introduce another important character) for KHIII that have never been shown before? Which ones would it be?

My choices:

Main: Darth Sidious (Star Wars)
Side: Darth Vader (Star Wars)

____

Main: Dr. Drakken (Kim Possible)
Side: SheGo (Kim Possible)

____

Main: Syndrome (The Incredibles)
Side: Omnidroid (The Incredibles)

Ayen
07-02-2016, 01:06 AM
I'm working under the assumption these haven't been introduced yet. For all I know they have been.

Main 1: Chaos
Side 1: Garland

Garland can be introduced with a similar premise to FFI where he captures a royal (perhaps King Mickey) and holds them up for ransom. After Sora and co. defeats him he can transform into Chaos and challenge the heroes at a later date. I realize the four fiends can also be introduced as more side villains.

Main 2: Ultimecia
Side 2: Edea
Side 2.2 Seifer

Bring in Seifer as the Sorceress's Champion, then bring in the Sorceress. After defeating Edea you can have Edea transcend her form and create a new one bringing Ultimecia into existence. Instead of Edea just being Ultimecia by proxy.

Main 3: President Shinra
Side 3: The Turks.

Shinra wants to use the energy of different worlds to fuel their mako reactors (like the planet in FFVII) and you go through the Turks until you make your way up to President Shinra himself. Maybe they take it a step further and want to weaponize it?

Formalhaut
07-02-2016, 01:36 AM
I like the Final Fantasy inspired ones, but they'll never do it.

Ayen
07-02-2016, 04:10 AM

It's possible they already tossed around the idea and either don't know how to adapt it for kids, or don't think it will be that profitable. I imagine a villain like Sephiroth for FFVII would be more popular than anyone from Shinra.

qwertysaur
07-02-2016, 06:37 AM
Big Hero Six
Masked Man Callahan becomes a heartless due to grief over losing daughter

The princess and the frog
Dr Faciller

The Emperors new groove
Yzma and Kronk. Because these two characters are so much fun :bigsmile:

Fynn
07-02-2016, 10:24 AM
Seifer has been done

Shauna
07-02-2016, 10:26 AM

They'll never be world/main story bosses or anything, but Sephiroth shows up as an optional boss so who knows.

Night Fury
07-02-2016, 11:06 AM
I think the Big Hero Six one is a great shout as it could definitely tie in with the story.

I'd like to see Mother Gothel team up with that horrible woman from the Rescuers hahahaha

Ayen
07-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Seifer has been done

That at least open the door for more FFVIII villains if they ever want to go that route.

Fynn
07-02-2016, 09:22 PM
Fujin and Raijin have been done too. Neither them or Seifer have been villains

Seriously, like Shauna said, don't count on FF villains. Aside from super bosses. FF characters are strictly cameos in KH and there's really no way this will change, especially since the FF influence has been continually phased out for a long time now

Ayen
07-02-2016, 09:47 PM
Fujin and Raijin have been done too. Neither them or Seifer have been villains

Seriously, like Shauna said, don't count on FF villains. Aside from super bosses. FF characters are strictly cameos in KH and there's really no way this will change, especially since the FF influence has been continually phased out for a long time now

Can you really call them villains in FFVIII? When they start out they're just students like Squall. Is their affiliation with the Galbadia army really enough to make them villains? Or are they more antagonists. Characters with different views meant to challenge the protagonists' way of thinking and generate conflict? Thus Squall's speech about what really told them apart.

There's no reason for them to use FF elements now because of KH's popularity. What if the series get stale? What if the majority of fans became bored and they need ways to shake it up to revive interest. Final Fantasy is suffering from the same problems, but just because the idea has been worn out doesn't mean it can't be revived with the right approach. If the damage has already been done to the majority, they have nothing else to lose. The incentive to take risks and try new things grow stronger and can end up having a positive effect on the product. This may very well be what we're seeing with Final Fantasy XV right now. A company with nothing left to lose and everything to gain.

Never say never.

Fynn
07-03-2016, 09:14 PM
If anything, relying on FF characters wouldn't be a "risk" or "trying to avert stalenes" because they were pretty much there and relevant only at the beginning of the series. As KH went on, it pretty much diverged completely from FF, leaving that part of it behind compared to OCs and Disney characters, and look, now it is SE's greates cash cow by a large margin. If anything, it's FF that would benefit from KH publicity, not the other way around.

Ayen
07-03-2016, 09:35 PM
They managed to swap relevancy around completely by accident just from trying new things.

Imagine that.

And at the beginning, the Disney and Final Fantasy characters were added for familiarity. People came to see them, but the real fans stuck around for the original characters and stories that stemmed from that. Hence why many of you believe there's no reason to add Marvel or Star Wars characters except for just making more money?

Fynn
07-03-2016, 09:39 PM
No, it's mostly because they would add unnecessary clutter to a universe that's already pretty convoluted considering it's filled with all the Disney movies

Ayen
07-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Right. Marvel and Star Wars universes are big enough on their own. Too many cooks.