PDA

View Full Version : Caroline Aherne, 52, dies.

Night Fury
07-02-2016, 04:20 PM
Caroline was a massive figure in British comedy as the writer of The Royle Family, and star of Mrs Merton. She also narrated popular show, Gogglebox.

She'd had a long battle with cancer and I'm sad to admit that after reading that it had returned not so long ago I knew she wouldn't make it this time :( She's a bit of a hero of mine and I'm really sad, it's a sad day for UK comedy as she was certainly a female pioneer and boss lady!

2016 man :(

h4EvnsvVVEw

One of my all time favourite television scenes was when she was giving birth in the bathroom, crying about how she'll be a bad mum and Ricky Tomlinson gets all sweet and it's actually such a sad but beautiful scene.

Also, I always greet my Nana like she does 'Aya nanerr!' :(

Bubba
07-03-2016, 06:33 AM
I adored her as Mrs Merton. I remember thinking "is it wrong that I really fancy this old woman?" Her interviews were fantastic. I remember the interview she did with Debbie McGee. "What first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?" :lol:

The Royle Family was such a unique programme too. The theme song is a regular staple of my acoustic sets. It was so funny and very often moving. This really is such a big shame. I smurfing hate this disease... and this year :(

Ayen
07-03-2016, 06:54 AM
Science is working to find a cure for cancer, so here's hoping some day they make a breakthrough.

It's a shame some of these people I don't learn about until after they passed away. =/

Midgar Mist
07-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Both sides of the Atlantic have suffered tremendous losses this year.

I knew Caroline Aherne was ill. I also know that she had been an alcoholic which can't have helped. I'm not sure if she smoked but, maybe she did.

Anyway, this isn't to place judgement or anything, it just sucks that people get so screwed up that....

Anyway.....its all quite tragic

fat_moogle
07-12-2016, 04:03 PM
A few months ago I was watching Gogglebox and her voice was really bad. I went on Twitter and joked about her needing a good cough, or something along those lines. Then people started replying to me saying how I was cruel and she had throat cancer and I felt awful because I had no idea. I apologised to those that I offended and deleted my Tweet. When it was announced that she died I felt terrible because it reminded me of what I said. I hope she rests in peace.