PDA

View Full Version : The Man With The Machine Gun

fat_moogle
07-03-2016, 11:57 AM
FFVIII might not be my favourite FF, but you can't deny that it has some incredible musical scores. The Man With The Machine Gun is one of those, and it happens to be my favourite Final Fantasy battle theme (excluding boss music). Last night I was listening to some Final Fantsy music on Spotify, and the Distant Worlds version of the song started playing. I'd never heard it before, but now I love ❤ it even more!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4-_XANMleDc (youtube embedding failed)

What's your favourite piece of music from FFVIII? And does it have a Distant Worlds version?

charliepanayi
07-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Liberi Fatali of course. Irritatingly Distant World played it in London when I didn't go, and then on the two occasions I have been since they haven't played it!

Ayen
07-03-2016, 11:56 PM
I always liked the Balamb Garden track. Very peaceful.

Lyndis Highwind
07-04-2016, 02:51 AM
Fisherman's Horizon is my favorite. The Distant Worlds version is gorgeous. "Ami", "Breezy" and "Eyes on Me" are also really good.

Rocket Edge
07-11-2016, 01:57 PM
The entire OST is magnificent. My favourites are 'Dance with the Balamb-fish', 'Balamb Garden', 'FH', 'Breezy', 'Blue Fields', 'Force Your Way'... many more!

sinuosity
07-28-2016, 01:30 PM
Best OST in the series

Track's definitely a highlight

Skyblade
07-29-2016, 10:32 PM
The entire OST is magnificent.

The entire OST?

I beg to differ.

74ZXp_5M_7c

This song is evil. If I never hear it again, it will be too soon.

Midgar Mist
08-04-2016, 11:17 AM
I shall embarrasingly not know the titles agaain but I like the main battle theme and the boss battle theme. I also like Balamb Garden's theme and the theme at Winhill during the flashback. Don't make me choose between them, they are like my children.

Skyblade
08-08-2016, 11:45 PM
I shall embarrasingly not know the titles agaain but I like the main battle theme and the boss battle theme. I also like Balamb Garden's theme and the theme at Winhill during the flashback. Don't make me choose between them, they are like my children.

Boss Battle Theme: Force Your Way. One of my favorite standard boss themes from the series.

Balamb Garden Theme: Balamb Garden. :p

Winhill Theme: Fragment of Memories, I think?

Main Battle Theme: Don't Be Afraid.