PDA

View Full Version : Do you need a new phone?

Pike
07-18-2016, 05:03 PM
Cause I do. Mine is like four years old. But I'm cheap.

EDIT: UPDATE: I bought a new phone.

Pheesh
07-18-2016, 05:14 PM
I have an iPhone 6 so I shouldn't need a new phone. But I really don't like it as much as my old iPhone 5 and the speakers on it have already semi-blown which is really annoying. I answered nah I'm good, but I'll probably get a new phone as soon as this contract runs out.

Bubba
07-18-2016, 09:02 PM
Yes. I love my iPhone 6S plus but I stupidly got a 16G one and I have no room for ANYTHING! I've got 30 apps I can't update and I can't even take pictures any more. I've tried all the tricks (like downloading huge films which frees up more memory) but I'm still struggling. I need a computer/laptop to put all my pictures on.

Vermachtnis
07-18-2016, 09:04 PM
I can't play Pokémon GO on my current phone.

CimminyCricket
07-18-2016, 09:06 PM
I ended up getting a new phone because a defect on the motherboard of my G4 bricked it. I got the G5 and so far I love it.

escobert
07-18-2016, 09:58 PM
Nope, I got one recently.

starlet
07-18-2016, 10:30 PM
MIRAGE NEEDS ONE. Seriously, wifi and Bluetooth don't work and the screen is cracked to SHIT. I do not, I'm quite happy with mine :D

Fynn
07-19-2016, 02:16 PM
Had my iPhone five for, what, four years now? It's serving me very well.

Pumpkin
07-19-2016, 07:58 PM
I like my phone but it doesn't have the e-nets or anything, so I might get a new one

Shiny
07-20-2016, 03:46 AM
I was just selling my iPhone 5C for cheap too.

Calliope
07-20-2016, 06:16 AM
I've had a flip phone for the last seven years and it has met all of my needs, but NOW POKEMON GO EXISTS so I suddenly want whatever phone it is that Spuuky has.

Loony BoB
07-26-2016, 02:29 PM
I have a Oneplus One and even though Oneplus Three is coming out now, I wouldn't upgrade. The One is The One, and it's awesome.

Formalhaut
07-26-2016, 03:09 PM
Eh. I don't actually use my phone terribly often but it's probably one of the more basic smartphones. It technically has the internet but it is slightly slow.

And iPhones are just expensive, so that's a no-go.

Dark_Valentine
07-28-2016, 02:04 AM
I can't play Pokémon GO on my current phone.
Me either! :(

Slothy
07-28-2016, 09:23 PM
I don't need one, but I'd like one. Not that happy with the battery life on mine in the last year.

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-30-2016, 06:20 AM
I have a Nexus 6P. :D

Raebus
07-30-2016, 09:05 AM
I have the HTC 9, or something like that. It's starting to show its age when running apps like pokemon go.

krissy
07-30-2016, 05:55 PM
nope !!

Cloudane
08-05-2016, 09:02 AM
Nah I'm good. Only had it a few months, but it's performing well (unlike the 5X I only had for a few months, which was so bad I was willing to take the Ł100+ depreciation hit selling it second hand just to get rid of it)

As someone who hops back and forth between iPhones and Androids now and again, currently on Android (Nexus 6P which is leaps and bounds better than its smaller brother) I was toying with the idea of another iPhone. Basically, I don't like being behind on versions of the core OS for a number of reasons (usually new things that get added that are part of the core like wifi calling, or bugs that get fixed) which means Nexus or iPhone are the only options for me. The Nexus choice right now is 5X (lag city, hated it) or 6P (which is about the size of Russia). Always liked the size of the iPhone 6 when I had it.

But I just couldn't stomach going back to "we can't implement that, Apple won't let us", little things like Do Not Disturb STILL not having weekend hours even in iOS 10, and arrogances like refusing to let you choose another default music player or browser. Android used to be the one that was catching up but you sacrificed the latest and greatest progress for lower cost and more freedom. Lately though it feels to me that iOS is the one playing catch-up, so going back you sacrifice the latest and greatest progress for higher cost, less freedom and now the loss of a headphone jack. Er... pass.

So no, I'm good. The iPhone 7 isn't looking like anything special at all to me, so I'll probably stick with the 6P for a couple of years then reevaluate.

Please note I do NOT want to turn this into a 'yah boo sucks' iOS vs Android fight like massive schoolchildren :p I appreciate both. At this moment in spacetime, Android seems ahead to me personally - your mileage (and needs) may vary.

Leeza
08-10-2016, 07:16 PM
I think that I'll be good with my current phone for a long time to come. It's a Nexus 6 and I love it. Dr Unne gave it to me last year when he purchased himself a new phone. My previous phone was a little Samsung with a slider qwerty keyboard. It was okay for playing PAD, but the Nexus is so much better and faster. I'm quite happy with it. Thank you, Dr Unne. :) :cat:

Edit: I am mistaken. The smartphone previous to the Nexus that Dr Unne gave me was a brand that I can't even remember the name of. It was not very good. My qwerty Samsung was the one I had before that.

Galuf
08-10-2016, 07:32 PM
i have a Samsung Galaxy S1 so... yes i really really do

SammieBabe
08-12-2016, 04:02 PM
Kind of yeah. But Hubs just got a new phone, so I can wait a few months.

Zanmato
08-12-2016, 07:32 PM
My Acer Liquid Z4 is good enough for me when it comes to games, internet and other medias. :cool:

Skyblade
08-12-2016, 08:21 PM
I have an iPhone 4S. It's relatively ancient (5 years old!), it's battery lasts about half an hour of steady use, it doesn't charge well or smoothly anymore, and it barely runs Pokémon Go.

Zeldy
08-14-2016, 04:47 PM
I need to get an upgrade desperately. It's my own fault, I could probably just got an additional memory card and remove all my trout off this phone, but I'm too lazy. I get alerts daily that I'm near the end of my storage and my phone glitches on me profusely, but you make it work..

I have the iPhone 5 S.

Iceglow
08-15-2016, 06:03 PM
I think since I upgraded to the Galaxy S7 Edge in April, I'm pretty sorted for the next couple of years

FFNut
08-15-2016, 07:09 PM
I got rid of my iPhone 6 for a 5 just two weeks ago as I found it ran things a touch smoother. However I will be looking to go to a 8 when it comes out.

Mirage
08-20-2016, 05:24 AM
MIRAGE NEEDS ONE. Seriously, wifi and Bluetooth don't work and the screen is cracked to trout. I do not, I'm quite happy with mine :D

i am fully capable of complaining about my phone on my own!

wifi and bt broke ages ago, at the same time too. The two things are probably in the same chip or something that got knocked loose in there. screen cracked recently. i have an insurance on it because i am clumsy af, and i've sent it in for servicing already.

They probably won't find it viable to repair it, as it would probably require replacing the system board as well as the screen, so I'm hoping they'll wire me some cash for me to buy a new one, or replace it with a similar model. Hopefully a better model. Even if it isn't a model I want, i could sell it as brand new to someone and use that money to get a new one.

Yes. I love my iPhone 6S plus but I stupidly got a 16G one and I have no room for ANYTHING! I've got 30 apps I can't update and I can't even take pictures any more. I've tried all the tricks (like downloading huge films which frees up more memory) but I'm still struggling. I need a computer/laptop to put all my pictures on.

just get a memory card for it. it's got a memory card reader, like any decent phone does, right?

no but jokes aside, this is why i never even consider models without SD card readers, be it android or apple phones. Never know when your needs and usage patterns change in the future. Suddenly you might find yourself recording a lot more videos than you ever thought you would, for example. Personally, I have a pretty big spotify offline cache. That's got to be 10 gigs alone, and storing all that on my S4A's internal 16 gigs would have been pretty difficult. On the phone i'm borrowing right now it would have been impossible cause it's just got 8 gigs :p

wizzyboo
08-23-2016, 02:26 AM
How am I supposed to play Pokémon go ( everyday)
Also it takes 5 mins to get to the home screen after pressing the home button . and its soo slow

Galuf
08-23-2016, 09:39 AM
i got a Galaxy note II straight from 'merica so it is made by a company thats also a pokemon. Virizion

Mirage
08-23-2016, 09:56 AM
galaxy note 2 isn't from america

update on my phone tho
they decided to fucking repair that wreck instead of replacing it. i am annoyed.

Galuf
08-23-2016, 10:07 AM
galaxy note 2 isn't from america

update on my phone tho
they decided to smurfing repair that wreck instead of replacing it. i am annoyed.

what i mean is mines is from America. i dunno where they are made