PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever found a shiny Pokemon?

Pike
07-25-2016, 05:01 PM
Like in the wild, aside from promotions or stuff like the guaranteed shiny Gyrados at the Lake of Rage.

I haven't :(

Skyblade
07-25-2016, 11:53 PM
My first shiny was a shiny Weedle in the Bug Catching contest.

It didn't win, but I became convinced that the odds were higher in there. I think I might have caught another shiny (which also didn't win) there a year or so later, but I can't remember and the games don't save anymore.

I've caught plenty since then, especially in Gen VI.

Vermachtnis
07-26-2016, 12:28 AM
Nope. Had a Shiny Charm and a foreign Misdreavus and hatched eggs for a month and no shiny.

I Took the Red Pill
07-26-2016, 05:05 AM
Yes. I owned Pokemon Gold and would play it on the school bus every morning. I sat next to this kid who was pretty sheltered and his parents didn't let him play video games so I would trade off with him every so often and let him wander around areas I had already beaten. I would let him do his own thing and I wouldn't really pay attention to what was going on on the screen.

So one day he was walking around what I think was Ilex Forest and as the bus got closer to arriving at school I glanced over to see what he was up to and just at that exact instant happened to catch the shiny animation right out of the corner of my eye. He had stumbled upon a Shiny Psyduck. I kind of freaked out and asked him if I could take control for a second and snatched that baby right up. I was super pumped for awhile and considered that kid my good luck charm. I told him to let me know if he noticed any more Shinies after that (he didn't).

Night Fury
07-26-2016, 07:17 AM
Yeah I stumbled upon a Shiny Dustox and had no clue wtf was going on!

Fynn
07-26-2016, 08:41 AM
Yes! In Alpha Sapphire, after all these years, I finally got one! It was a Relicanth!

Bubba
07-26-2016, 09:14 AM
I don't think so. I just have the shiny Gulpin that the awesome Formy sent me.

What is the deal with shiny pokemon? Are they stronger?

Fynn
07-26-2016, 09:17 AM
Nope! They used to be in gen2, but not anymore. They're really just so coveted because they are ultra rare.

Formalhaut
07-26-2016, 04:35 PM
Yup, just that shiny Gulpin I gifted to Bubba and MissH. I think I caught a shiny pokemon in Gen II that wasn't the red Gyrados, but I'm not 100% certain.

CimminyCricket
07-26-2016, 05:08 PM
I caught a shiny Noctowl in Crystal once.

wizzyboo
07-26-2016, 11:27 PM
Yes I found a shiny ponyta in soul silver and a shiny zubat and wailmer in Omega ruby within 1 hour of each other

Bubba
07-27-2016, 01:46 PM
Yes I found a shiny ponyta in soul silver and a shiny zubat and wailmer in Omega ruby within 1 hour of each other

Is this you?

BuJsqERhgeU

Galuf
07-28-2016, 09:36 AM
Yes i caught a weedle. Nidoran M. Zigzagoon. And barboach.

The last 2 were hunted fir though.

And i made a thread showing the other ones i hatched and stuff.

Skyblade
07-30-2016, 09:33 PM
Nope! They used to be in gen2, but not anymore. They're really just so coveted because they are ultra rare.

Actually, in Gen 2 they weren't necessarily stronger. Their shininess was determined by IVs, but they weren't Pokémon with max IVs or anything. They had to have IVs of 10 (out of 15) in Speed, Defense, and Special, an IV of 0 or 8 in HP, and one of several different varying Attack IVs. Basically, shiny Pokémon would turn out slightly above average, but nowhere near max stats.