PDA

View Full Version : Fav and least Fav Final Fantasy Things

maybee
07-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Saw this on Final Fantasy Reddit and though would steal it. Added in last favs.

What's your favourite/ Least fav Final Fantasy - ? And why ?
1) Hero eg Zidane Tribal

2) Heroine eg Tifa Lockhart

3) Villain eg Sephiroth

4) Romance eg Quina x Vivi

5) Game eg Final Fantasy X

6) Place eg Balamb Garden

1) Hero- Zidane Tribal Final Fantasy IX. I will always admire his kind heart, his urge to help people in need, and his leadership skills. Zidane is a true leader, but a even truer friend.

2) Heroine- Rinoa Heartilly Final Fantasy VIII. Alot of people hate her, but I think people forget or ignore the fact that she was the only one in the party that wasn't army trained, and was just risking everything, while being strongly naive. Rinoa is stronger than people believe, she's just flawed.

3) Villain- Final Fantasy IX. Kuja. I love his theme songs, and I'm a sucker for redeemed villains.

4) Romance- Tidus/ Yuna. Final Fantasy X. I feel like this is the best written Final Fantasy relationship. You just want them to be together, and just want them to become a couple. And when they finally come together, you can't help but get those chills down your spine and can't help but cheer.

5) Game- Final Fantasy IX/ Final Fantasy VI- It's usually draw between these two, my top Final Fantasy games list changes alot, but usually these two games, with fantastic stories and a beautiful cast of characters, comes out on top, most of the time.

6) Place- Final Fantasy X- Ruined Zanarkand- Just the atmosphere of this place is so haunting, cold and chilling, but at the same time, it has a strong beauty towards it.

* Least fav

1) Hero- Lightning Farron Final Fantasy XIII. The way that she treats people is disgusting and foul, not to mention she's highly physically abusive, and nobody calls her out on it. Slapping/ pushing/ heavily punching people is not alright. I feel even more insulted when this is considered " female empowerment ", no. Just no.

2) Heroine-Quistis Trepe Final Fantasy VIII. Imagine how amazing it would be if you were successful at a young age, highly intelligent and beautiful and popular. People would die just for one of those things, people wish to be one of those things. And yet. Quisty throws it all away because Squall, one boy, doesn't love her in return. Nothing has angered me so much.

3) Villain- Final Fantasy VII. Sephiroth. I know that he's a villain, but I hate the way that he treats Cloud, which may sound pathetic, because after all, Sephiroth is meant and supposed to be a troutty person, a villain.

4) Romance- Steiner / Beatrix. Final Fantasy IX. They hate each other and then a love written is found, and they read it believing that it's for them ??! And then of all a sudden, they love each other ?

5) Game- Final Fantasy XIII LR. Why would I play and "enjoy " a game where you can only play as my least favorite hero and she's being treated as some Mary- Sue savior ? Lol, no thanks.

6) Place- Final Fantasy III. Final Dungeon. What ? What do you mean, hard dungeon, tough bosses, and no save points ???!...... What ??? ..... Help me.

* Please no fights in the chat please over OPINIONS, somebody may hate Ciddy Mc Moogle, while somebody may love him etc.

Galuf
07-11-2016, 09:25 PM
1) Fav:Galuf (does this count?) Least Fav: Edge
2) Fav: Rydia Least Fav: Penelo
3) Fav: Kuja Least Fav: Vayne
4) Fav:Quina X vivi Ofc. Least Fav: Rinoa X Squall. (it wasnt bad, it just felt random as Squall didnt care, then suddenly cared.)
5) Fav: IX least Fav: I
6) Fav: Terra (FF IX) Least Fav: Midgar (no hate plz. i just found the slums really boring. )

Laddy
07-12-2016, 11:27 AM
1. Fav: Balthier, Cloud, Cecil, Vivi, Cyan, Sazh, Red XIII
Unfav: Zell, Squall, Wakka, Gau, Snow, Amarant
2. Fav: Aerith, Rikku, Terra, Ashe, Freya, Rydia, Fran, Yuna
Unfav: Rosa, Selphie, Krile, Serah, Lightning, Maria
3. Fav: Kefka, Jenova, Kuja, Golbez, Ex-Death
Unfav: Barthandelus, Zeromus, Necron, Seymour, Gestahl
4. Fav: Zidane & Garnet, Yuna & Tidus, Ilfana & Gast, Ashe & Rasler
Unfav: Snow & Serah, Squall & Rinoa, Cecil & Rosa, Irvine & Selphie
5. Fav: VII, IX, VI, XII, X
Unfav: XIII, VIII, II
6. Fav: Lindblum, Midgar, Windhurst, Mt Ordeals, Zanarkand
Unfav: Any of the boring caves from FFVI, Desert Prison, Cocoon, Wutai

Pumpkin
07-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Fav Hero: Squall (FFVIII) - I guess I relate to him in some ways. I enjoyed watching his development and it felt pretty genuine to me. It was nice to get an emotionally stunted protagonist and see how that played out.
Least Fav: Hero of Light (FFI) - Just cause generic, I guess.

Fav Heroine: Yuna (FFX) - She's just so kind and selfless, but she's still determined and strong. I also liked her development in X-2 where she starts standing up for herself more, but is still Yuna.
Least Fav: Aeris/th (FFVII) - I hate her so much. I just do. She's so rude and annoying to me, just ugh.

Fav Villain: Seifer (FFVIII) - I liked the more personal nature of his relationship with Squall and that he wasn't necessarily a bad guy, just kind of went down the wrong path.
Least Fav: Seymour (FFX) - JUST STAY DEAD ALREADY

Fav Romance: Cecil & Rosa (FFIV) - It's nice having a pre-established romance and they really cared about each other and it was super sweet.
Least Fav: Cloud & Aeris/th (FFVII) - If that is a couple because I don't like either of them.

Fav Game: Final Fantasy IX - I fell in love with this game at first play. It's so charming, I love the story, characters, world, and it just feels like an RPG should feel, to me.
Least Fav: Crystal Chronicles - Just kinda... meh.

Fav Place: Balamb Garden (FFVIII) - So beautiful, big, has hot dogs.
Least Fav: Desert Prison (FFVIII) - It's a prison in a desert. All big no for me.

Fynn
07-13-2016, 10:40 AM
1) Hero

Fav: Ramza. Complete selflessness, fighting for sp,ething that actually matters with what he can, despite the whole world hating him for it.

Least Fav: Tidus. I don't find his character progression compelling or realistic at all. I'm not even annoyed by him being annoying at first, he just doesn't do it for me.

2) Heroine

Fav: Ashe. Now here we have a truly complex, compelling character who gets to make really tough choices. The core of XII's story is how she could have just as well become a full-on Hitler-figure had Vaan and the others not been there.

Least Fav: Refia. The characters in III were in generall pretty useless and tacked-on. And as a series with overall very good female characters, Refia is just... meh.

3) Villain

Fav: If this were "fav antagonist", I'd go with Golbez, because I like him the most, but he's not an actual villain in the game. So I'll go with Kefka. A crazy nihilistic, sadistic clown is just a perfect representation of the mood whiplash that is VI's trademark.

Least Fav: Barthandelus. I swear, if Garland has more personality and motivation than you and her was conceived over 20 years before you in a game that could run on today's calculator, you have a problem.

4) Romance

Fav: Fran and Balthier. I love how they're so clearly a couple without ever actually going on about it. You can see it in their little conversations, body language, gestures, etc. It's amazing.

Least Fav: Tidus and Yuna, I guess, but I'm still pretty okay with it. Just the weird sex scene was awkward.

5) Game

Fav: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I loved the races and the job system, and the story is so amazingly mature, touching on such an original topic. I love it so much.

Least Fav: FFX. Not as bad as XIII, but I still think it's way too hyped up.

6) Place

Fav: Anywhere in Ivalice, I guess. The Cerobi Steppe was nice when it comes to just the looks, but I loved the Pharos as a dungeon so much.

Least Fav: The Corridor of Doom in FFXIII. Which is pretty much the entire game.

Shiva95
07-16-2016, 01:13 PM
Fav Hero: Locke (FFVI) - I really love his personality. He's funny and very touching at the same time, and his story is amazing.
Least Fav: Cait Sith (FFVII) - I just can't stand him.

Fav Heroine: Lightning (FFXIII) - She's very strong, both physically and mentally. She's also a lot more complex than we can think at first.
Least Fav: Quistis (FFVIII) - I just don't like her.

Fav Villain: Kefka (FFVI) - He's ready to do anything to achieve his goal, and he even succeeds in destroying the world, and becomes a god. He's more than great.
Least Fav: Necron (FFIX) - I wish we could heard of him before the final battle...

Fav Romance: Locke & Celes (FFVI) - I really love their story and how their relationship develops through the game. They're very dear to each other, and that's very sweet. ♥
Least Fav: Serah & Snow (FFXIII) - I really don't like all the hero thing and how he treats her in XIII-2 when they first meet again.

Fav Game: Final Fantasy VI - I really love the story, the characters and the gameplay. I've beaten it so many times, and I never get tired.
Least Fav: Final Fantasy XI - I'm not a fan of MMO so...

Fav Place: Macalania Woods (FFX) - That's so beautiful.
Least Fav: Corel (FFVII) - I don't know why, I just don't particularly love this place.

Saber
07-17-2016, 02:28 AM
1. Hero... Cloud Strife. He is in a role playing game where people can relate with cause he is role playing as Zack Fair. He is the strongest in my eyes cause of Omnislash which raised the bar in the games for doing damage.
Least Favorite... Light Warrior (Final Fantasy 1) he isn't even in the game.

2. Favorite Heroine... Lightning. She is strong and has more of an epic story then most characters. Unlike other girls who show weakness in the games, Lightning only gets stronger. Anyone who starts off average then goes from soldier to goddess to savior is awesome in my eyes.
Least Favorite... Penelo. She is so not ready to kick some ass. She seems like she can pull her weight but she doesn't seem to me as a likable fighter.

3. Favorite Villain.. Seifer. He is on par with Squall and while he is somewhat stronger, he also has his personality flaws. The act of a knight is what won me over cause sometimes a man has to show loyalty and compassion.
Least Favorite... Sin (final fantasy X) he is a dream and an incarnation to destroy. The whole team of Final Fantasy X is eerie to me. They all seem really upbeat even if they are evil.

4. Favorite Romance... Caius and Yeul. Their love will not fucking die.
Least Favorite... Vivi and Quina. This just has odd all over it. Poor Vivi.

5. Favorite Game... VII.
Least Favorite... Final Fantasy II cause it's the only one I never stat maxed in.

6. Favorite Place... The Forgotten Capital. RIP Aeris/th
Least Favorite... Kalm. Cause I hate flashbacks that aren't even real.

krissy
07-17-2016, 05:15 AM
Fave

1) Hero: Cloud Strife he's such a mess it's nice

2) Heroine: Lightning she doesn't slow down just go go go

3) Villain: delita lol

4) Romance: zidane x garnet

5) Game: ff7

6) Place: wow impossible q. ff7 world map

least fave

1) Hero: tidus like why

2) Heroine: serah absolutely zero self confidence

3) Villain: lavos so boring

4) Romance: scully and mulder

5) Game: chess

6) Place: drunk tank

ok i got a bit bored at the end of this post i guess

FinalxxSin
07-17-2016, 12:32 PM
Fav: The cast of FFXV. I love how developed each of these characters are, and I can't wait to be part of the best bromance experience of all time!

least fav: Part of an ending of a FF title being put behind a pay wall. (Yeah I'm looking at you FFXIII-2)

2) Heroine: serah absolutely zero self confidence
I am going to assume you didn't make it through XIII-2.