PDA

View Full Version : A Dilemma

Wolf Kanno
07-14-2016, 04:13 AM
I was originally going to pick this up whenever I got a PS4, but lately, I've been debating about jumping into the next console gen as most of the things I'm interested in, I can get elsewhere. I may change my mind eventually, but I kind of want to play this sooner rather than later, so I'm thinking of picking it up on Steam instead, but this will simply eliminate one more reason to jump into next-gen for me so I'm not sure how I should feel about this.

theundeadhero
07-14-2016, 05:09 AM
I couldn't see buying a current console for one game, but if there's other PS4 games already on your list I would wait. It's exciting playing a game when it's new, sure, but you'll enjoy (or not enjoy) playing the game just as much when you get a console.

Wolf Kanno
07-14-2016, 05:41 AM
See my issue is that all the games I could pick up for the PS4, I can get them elsewhere. Setsuna on Steam, Persona 5 is still coming out for the PS3, and I'm not in love with FFXV enough to say its worth the price of a new console to play it. The future also looks pretty bleak for the console for me. I'm more inclined to pick up a Wii U for Breath of the Wild, the HD remasters of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, as well as Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Depression Moon
07-14-2016, 06:25 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot this is coming out. I've been anticipating Evo.

theundeadhero
07-14-2016, 07:18 AM
That's another important factor. If there's another console you want more, and you can get all the PS4 stuff you want from other sources, it changes the whole situation. In that case I would get the games through other means, and get the console you wanted more.

fat_moogle
07-14-2016, 10:34 AM
I'd say wait it out. If there's nothing else for you on PS4 at the moment then you might as well just pick up I Am Setsuna on Steam. Persona 5 isn't out in the West until February (unless you're planning to import), so you've got ages for that yet and like you say, that will be out on PS3 as well (unless Atlus change their mind last minute and only release it for PS4 in the West). Also the NX should be shown off at TGS in September, so maybe you should wait for that, too, before deciding on a Wii U. Oh, and then there's the PS4 Neo that has been announced as well.

Skyblade
07-14-2016, 01:20 PM
I was originally going to pick this up whenever I got a PS4, but lately, I've been debating about jumping into the next console gen as most of the things I'm interested in, I can get elsewhere. I may change my mind eventually, but I kind of want to play this sooner rather than later, so I'm thinking of picking it up on Steam instead, but this will simply eliminate one more reason to jump into next-gen for me so I'm not sure how I should feel about this.

Well, why are you jumping into next-gen? For the games. And they're not there anymore. There's nothing wrong with that. You're afraid if you don't buy one now, you won't have a reason to later? That's not exactly a great reason to buy a console.

I'm actually in a similar position. I'll be getting a PS4 when Persona 5 comes out, but I'll be picking up Kingdom Hearts 3, World of Final Fantasy, and Ratchet and Clank when I do. But that's about it for games. Everything else is out on my PC, which will have better quality, and which I enjoy playing on more.

If the PS4 doesn't give you enough reason to get it, don't get it. Don't go out and buy games for the PS4 just so you have a reason to own a PS4. That's silly.

Wolf Kanno
07-15-2016, 05:14 AM
I actually just remembered something today that may have cinched this for me. I forgot that my GF picked me up Fallout 4 on PS4 for a Christmas present last year. She didn't realize I didn't have one yet. ^^;

Fynn
07-15-2016, 08:55 AM
I actually just remembered something today that may have cinched this for me. I forgot that my GF picked me up Fallout 4 on PS4 for a Christmas present last year. She didn't realize I didn't have one yet. ^^;

Well there you go

fat_moogle
07-15-2016, 10:33 AM

Well there you go
I'd say still wait until at least Black Friday. With Sony having acknowledged the existence of the PS4 Neo I expect that there will be some really good deals on standard PS4's this year!

Wolf Kanno
07-15-2016, 09:30 PM

Well there you go
I'd say still wait until at least Black Friday. With Sony having acknowledged the existence of the PS4 Neo I expect that there will be some really good deals on standard PS4's this year!

Kind of my plan at the moment. Setsuna is about the only thing I feel I need right now, I can wait on the other games, though if I go for PS4, then I may just pick up Persona 5 for it instead of the PS3 version.