PDA

View Full Version : How well do you sleep?

Freya
07-18-2016, 03:21 PM
2016 was supposed to be my year of naps. Sadly i've been far too busy for them. I enjoy naps! I'm normally eternally tired due to my busy-ness and my allergies kicking my butt all the time. I usually fight going to bed at night because I have little personal time in the evenings and I hate that. Then I stay up too late, and get too sleepy in the morning because I have to get up early for work.

So the entire day is me just wanting sleep because I screwed myself over by staying up too late. Then I just do it again haha. My mood is horrible when I'm tired. I get self destructive and hate everything. Usually it takes a few days of lack of sleep before I get depressed but sleep definitely affects me that way! So my advice to a lot of people when they're upset is to sleep haha.

How's your sleeping? Do you keep a schedule? Do you nap? Need a new bed? I need a new bed, someone buy me one.

Bubba
07-18-2016, 03:34 PM
My sleep schedule recently has been excellent. This is only due to Baby Bubba though. If I'm on a later shift for work (say 11-7pm) I'll get up at 6am to give MissH a break. Plus, weekends I'll get up with him at 6am too so she can have a lie-in.

So, my body clock is set for wake-up at 6am which means I don't stay up (unless I'm gigging) later than 11pm. Even at weekends! I have no life but I sleep very well!

Pumpkin
07-18-2016, 03:35 PM
Turns out my medication is causing vivid dreams. So I'm not sleeping super well. Do take some naps though.

Vermachtnis
07-18-2016, 08:24 PM
I've got people who like to yell outside my door so I can't get much sleep anymore.

starlet
07-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Not while it's hotter than Satan's taint. Seriously fuck summer, I'm done! :stare:

Night Fury
07-19-2016, 12:02 AM
If I had to rate it out of 10 like a 6. I often have periods of insomnia which makes me sleep in til late in the morning which I HAAAAAATE. I also nap a lot because I'm often exhausted from LIFE.

Formalhaut
07-19-2016, 12:09 AM
I'm like, what, a 4 or a 5? I sleep pretty poorly. I live in the centre of town, and it is disconcerting when going to bed at say, midnight, to hear the town bell chime three times, as if to mock me for the fact that I haven't drifted off yet.

It's way too hot to sleep, that's probably affecting me.

krissy
07-19-2016, 03:16 AM
pretty good
great when i work out

Fynn
07-19-2016, 05:50 AM
I used to have trouble sleeping, but nowadays I sleep like a log. This week especially because we've done a tremendous amount of walking throughout the weekend. I've also been having nightmares ever since, but that still hasn't stopped me from being well rested.

Perducci
07-22-2016, 10:45 PM
I feel like I've had about sixteen hours of sleep over the last twenty seven years.

Wolf Kanno
07-23-2016, 10:54 AM
My sleep schedule is terrible as this post can attest to since it's almost 4 a.m. where I'm from and I have a day job. I'm normally a night creature anyway, but the real issue (and I'm going to be a broken record here) lately has been that it is too damn hot. It's this late and it's currently 80 degrees Fahrenheit (27 Celsius for everyone else) it's probably only a few more degrees cooler outside and this is the low for the day. Suffice to say, this does not make for a great sleeping environment, so I have not slept well for the past several weeks. It's also my allergy season... have I mentioned how much I hate Summer?

Midgar Mist
07-23-2016, 04:42 PM
Yes, several times.

I've been here long enough to start suffering Question Deja Vu but I shall answer anyway:

I sleep too well or too badly and I nap all the time (maybe I should copy this somewhere and paste it when this question is asked again)

Slothy
07-26-2016, 01:40 AM
What the hell is sleep?

sharkythesharkdogg
07-26-2016, 04:28 PM
I go to sleep around 10:30 on work nights, and it takes until about 11-11:30 to drift off. I then wake up/fall back asleep approximately every 30 minutes to an hour until around 1:30.

After than I usually sleep really soundly until around 4:30 or 5. Then it's back to waking up/falling back asleep every 30 minutes to an hour until I get up for work at 6:30.

I don't know how that rates? Is that 5? Average? :shrug:

Old Manus
07-26-2016, 05:26 PM
I regularly get asked how I sleep at night because I voted leave, and while the abuse that usually comes with it leads me to believe the question is rhetorical, luckily the answer is pretty well. I bought my bed off Ebay on the cheap when my wallet was bare after moving house, and it's probably the best I've ever slept in.

Raebus
07-30-2016, 09:04 AM
It varies, sometimes well and other times struggling to.

krissy
07-30-2016, 05:56 PM
i sleep great but i have troubles organizing myself to sleep early

especially now that i'm pretty much marathoning game of thrones from s1 cause i never seen it

ugh

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-01-2016, 06:06 AM
I'm not sleeping tonight.

So...

Yeah.

Loony BoB
08-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Not well, lately... I keep waking up too early. Most nights overall I sleep fine, though. Just lately I've been having weird sleeps.

In Scotland, I find that I sleep too long during Winter and too little during Summer, presumably because of the weird sunlight hours.

Vasher
09-29-2016, 01:54 PM
No.

TheKeybasHKey
09-30-2016, 01:06 AM
Not really that well. I have a hard time to sleep at night.

Crop
09-30-2016, 07:16 AM
I'd sleep great if it wasn't for this damn alarm clock.

Bubba
09-30-2016, 08:28 AM
I miss the times when trying to sleep was a battle with my own mind. Oh how I miss the fight.

Babies clearly have a similar fight but their response is to bawl their eyes out... instead of being like us adults and staring at the ceiling trying to remember the name of the bass player from Earth, Wind and Fire.

It was Verdine White

ttokkii
10-02-2016, 04:05 PM
I do my work from home so I don't really have a time I /need/ to be up. Regardless, I'm a morning person so I usually get up around 7 and go to bed for 11ish or later, depending if i'm gaming or not.

Mirage
10-02-2016, 09:33 PM
I sleep all right. I'm currently working three shifts so i'm doing a ~25.5 hour diurnal rhythm, and skip a night every 3 weeks.

Christmas
04-17-2023, 12:19 PM
Quite well. Sometimes I never woke up and followed the light. :bigsmile:

But the voice told me I was unworthy. :(

Dr. Acula
04-18-2023, 07:22 AM
what is sleep