PDA

View Full Version : Favorite seafood/fishies/sushi/water creatures?

Freya
07-18-2016, 03:36 PM

I went to a Cajun food place this weekend and ate alligator! It was good. I got a Seafood Saute thing that had lobster, shrimp, and crab and nommmmm.

Do you like seafood? What's your favorite? Are you a fishy person? Do you love sushi and all things aquatic to nom on?

Pumpkin
07-18-2016, 03:40 PM
I really don't like 99% of seafood. I can eat tuna though and sometimes enjoy it, and I can stomach fish sticks sometimes

Pheesh
07-18-2016, 04:10 PM
Tough one! I love me some crayfish, such a unique and amazing taste that can be done in so many different ways. Other seafood that is contending for top spot is squid, octopus and oysters.

I live in a port town and the seafood we get around here is so amazing, so it's a pleasure to eat it all tbh.

SammieBabe
07-18-2016, 08:24 PM
Omg, Gator is awesome! Had some last week, actually, when some friends were visiting. I also made them try Conch Fritters, which are my favorites. I'm not big on fish, but I love shellfish.

Bri
07-18-2016, 09:00 PM
I love seafood! Lobsters, crabs, shrimps, tuna, salmon, mahi and so on. I was telling Bert that i wish I had some fish head to make some fish broth. It's my favorite part on a fish fried or souped up with rice or crispy veggie rolls. Sushi!! Yes, mmm mmm non nom nom! I am envious of everyone including you Freya because you tried alligator! : D hope to try gator meat some day soon! Yayyy to seafood!!

sharkythesharkdogg
07-18-2016, 09:58 PM
I really like most sushi, and sashimi. I like a nice grilled salmon steak, I enjoy most white meat fish, lobster, crab legs, and crab cakes.

A nice crawfish boil is fun, fried catfish is great, and you can't go wrong with a well done fish 'n chips.

I really don't care for oysters, clams, or shrimp served in any form. I can eat shrimp, but I actively dislike the other two.

noxious.sunshine
07-21-2016, 04:58 AM

I went to a Cajun food place this weekend and ate alligator! It was good. I got a Seafood Saute thing that had lobster, shrimp, and crab and nommmmm.

Do you like seafood? What's your favorite? Are you a fishy person? Do you love sushi and all things aquatic to nom on?

My grandfather took me to a place that had fried alligator tail when he lived in Florida.. It was the last time I saw him alive- I'd gone to stay with him for a week during the Summer (my dad dropped me off in his big truck) and wound up staying for 2 weeks cuz I just loved hanging out with him at his place so much. He was such an amazing guy. He died later that year from a brain tumor busting (long story).

The alligator was yummy. And then my fiance and I ate at a Cajun place in Dallas and he had grilled alligator while I had shrimp & crawdad etouffee. It was mad yummy. I have an obsession with Cajun and Mexican foods..

But seafoods, I love love love salmon, tilapia, and tuna.

also fried frog legs omg gimme all of them. and crawdads. *dies* I love crawdads. So yummy. I had a pet crawdad once that I found in a creek when I was little. Yeah.

Also crab and lobster. And scallops.

I made a delish ceviche with shrimp, scallops, and tilapia a couple of weeks ago that was mad baller- with homemade tostadas and nommy salsa. My fiance ate the entire thing aside from the bit I had. :D

Mirage
07-21-2016, 05:40 AM
I'll eat salmon and trout in almost any shape or form.

Fynn
07-21-2016, 05:55 AM
I love all fish, salmon especially, and I also eat a lot of other seafood. Shrimp is great, same with squid, oysters, crab, crayfish and all those other things in shells, but my favorite is probably octopus. Sadly, very rarely is it done well.

Depression Moon
07-23-2016, 03:22 AM
ALLIGATOR? NO!