PDA

View Full Version : How much of the anime did you watch?

Loony BoB
07-19-2016, 12:04 PM
With 930 episodes and counting, it's quite the trek. Maybe I'll pick up where I left off. I think I only really watched the first two seasons, but might have seen some of the others.

Fynn
07-19-2016, 12:48 PM
I think I watched it up to the point that they stopped airing it here, so about to the mid-point of Johto. Then they started airing it again with Diamond and Pearl so I watched bits and pieces of it. Then just an episode or two of Black and White. Didn't really watch X and Y at all but I know that it still airs here.

Psychotic
07-19-2016, 01:07 PM
First two or three seasons - same as Fynn. I loved the Johto theme song. We're presently having a re-watch in our house. My god Ash is an idiot xD

There's even a ROM hack of Fire Red called Ash Gray: http://pokemonashgray.com/that basically sets the game in the anime world and we've been playing it alongside. It's pretty smurfing fun and has a lot more variety and challenge than the normal Pokemon game. I've been mulling the idea of doing an LP of it.

Loony BoB
07-19-2016, 01:14 PM
Ooh, that sounds really cool. How far along are you in the re-watching? I might play catch-up.

Psychotic
07-19-2016, 01:16 PM
Pretty far but not done with season 1 yet! It's all on Netflix, apart from the banned episodes which you can track down on YouTube/DailyMotion too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_episodes_removed_from_rotation#Episodes_removed_by_4Kids_Entertainment

With that said, I have no interest in watching the infamous Porygon seizure episode!

Loony BoB
07-19-2016, 01:18 PM
I may have to figure out how to borrow the Shauna's Netflix again.

Shauna
07-19-2016, 01:19 PM
Matt and I recently watched the original series available on Netflix. Uh just the Kanto Chapter, before Ash went to the Orange Islands. Which is all I really watched when I was a kid too. If the next seasons appear on Netflix or Amazon instant video I'll totes get on that. But.

Mr. Carnelian
07-19-2016, 02:04 PM
I watched the first series, then on and off up to somewhere near the end of Hoenn. I was always rooting for Team Rocket, really. You've got to admire their dogged determination.

Freya
07-19-2016, 02:35 PM
I watched the first 3 maybe? Apparently there is a shit ton more now and like 11 freaking movies.

Psychotic
07-19-2016, 02:45 PM
I watched the first series, then on and off up to somewhere near the end of Hoenn. I was always rooting for Team Rocket, really. You've got to admire their dogged determination.Their pun game is on point. But then come on, it's just a freaking Pikachu.

Pumpkin
07-19-2016, 03:56 PM
First two or three for me as well

Shauna
07-19-2016, 03:59 PM
I watched the first 3 maybe? Apparently there is a shit ton more now and like 11 freaking movies.

There's something like 18 series out.

Formalhaut
07-19-2016, 04:31 PM
I watched two seasons (up to the Gen II era) and two of the movies. Then I promptly fizzled out interest.

There's only so many times I can watch Ash get so close to being victorious then losing.

Vermachtnis
07-19-2016, 04:39 PM
I watched a lot of the first the season, but never finished it. I think the fight with Blaine was as far as I saw. And I've seen an odd episode here and there.

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Probably the first two seasons before I got sick of it. I did watch the first two movies and I even have the movie poster for the first film because I worked at a movie theater when it came out. I have the Digimon movie poster as well.

theundeadhero
07-19-2016, 07:53 PM
I watched the Indigo League. I saw all the movies that came out up until 2005, but I'm sure there's more after that.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-19-2016, 10:32 PM
I know the last movie I saw was the one with the unknown, and I know I watched the show to that point at least. I think the last I saw was somewhere during master quest maybe, or the one before that. I can't remember if it watched every week then though or if it was just something I watched when it happened to be on while flipping through channels.

Psychotic
07-20-2016, 07:32 AM
Just got to the episode with the Pokemon Snap fella. I forgot he was in it!

Loony BoB
07-26-2016, 12:06 PM
I don't know who the Pokémon Snap fella is but I've so far reached episode 39 - Pikachu's Goodbye. Churning through them!

EDIT: First season down, along with the first movie.

escobert
07-29-2016, 05:47 PM
I wouldn't say I've seen every episode of the first few seasons but, I've seen the majority. I've seen a couple of the movies too.

Loony BoB
08-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Still getting through these. I'm now up to episode uhm... episode 142, I think. About half way through the Johto Journeys (season 3). Have seen the first two movies, too. I liked the second one a lot more than the first.

Psychotic
08-02-2016, 12:11 PM
You've overtaken me! I'm at the Orange League final. I liked the first movie more than the second though!

Loony BoB
08-02-2016, 12:15 PM
There was just a wee bit too much cheese for me in the first one with the tears saving the day routine. The change in Mewtwo was also insanely sudden for me.

Christmas
12-30-2022, 03:16 PM
With 930 episodes and counting, it's quite the trek. Maybe I'll pick up where I left off. I think I only really watched the first two seasons, but might have seen some of the others.

U still watching? Heard Ash is retiring soon!

Loony BoB
12-30-2022, 06:20 PM
I gave up after maybe four or five seasons I think? xD