PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon sounds (game vs. anime)

Loony BoB
07-19-2016, 12:26 PM
If I have one major gripe about this game, it's that it uses the really old and quite frankly horrendous noises for Pokémon. I think they should just go down the road the anime took and have them say their name or something. I like to have the sound on for this game but I keep wincing every time they make a noise. Seel is probably the worst one I've heard so far.

Fynn
07-19-2016, 12:28 PM
If I have one major gripe about this game, it's that it uses the really old and quite frankly horrendous noises for Pokémon. I think they should just go down the road the anime took and have them say their name or something. I like to have the sound on for this game but I keep wincing every time they make a noise. Seel is probably the worst one I've heard so far.

They're actually improved over the original, as they use the higher quality sounds from X and Y.

Believe me, they tried to make the sounds even better - not like in the anime (which I think would be a stupid decision because that name saying doesn't sound good for any other Pokemon than Pikachu), but they did want them to sound more realistic like Pokemon from gen 3 upwards. But when fans heard the new cries for Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle in one of the trailers for X and Y, people went ballistic.

So yeah, apparently people would be very upset about this.

Loony BoB
07-19-2016, 12:33 PM
Well, people are dumb.

And I don't care what anyone says, the anime "pokemon say their name" thing is way better than the funk I'm hearing from the game. People might get upset but honestly defending 56k modem noises "because that's what they were in the original" is outright dumb and backwards.

Diglett Dig, Diglett Dig, Trio Trio Trio!

Fynn
07-19-2016, 12:34 PM
Completely disagree.

I would kill for this to be real in the anime

9XgXbK8-KBQ

EDIT: Also, listen to how good the new guys sound!

kqEWQehsWGs

Loony BoB
07-19-2016, 12:40 PM
:stare: My ears.

Fynn
07-19-2016, 12:46 PM
That poll is incredibly biased and I demand it be edited to not be so

Loony BoB
07-19-2016, 12:56 PM
You're right, fax machines often sound better than the Pokémon cries in the games.

Psychotic
07-19-2016, 01:06 PM
Definitely the anime. Except for Ponyta because it sounds like it's saying hello in a really enthusiastic way.

Mr. Carnelian
07-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Fax machine, all the way. The anime Pokemon just saying their names all the time just sounds so dumb. Apart from with Pikachu, where it's cute.

Freya
07-19-2016, 02:34 PM
Oh I didn't read the "sounds part and just voted for game cause i like it better than the anime.

I like the anime noises though cause I can emulate them better :D PIKAAA CHuuuuuuuuuuuu

Pumpkin
07-19-2016, 03:58 PM
I... don't care either way :shobon:

Formalhaut
07-19-2016, 04:01 PM
They could do a hybrid when they say their name at high health but when they faint they make the pathetic fax machine noise. I can't see Ponyta enthusiastically sounding their name after being blasted by a water cannon.

Vermachtnis
07-19-2016, 04:45 PM
Krabby makes the best noise in the game and does not sound that much like a fax machine.

Fynn
07-19-2016, 04:46 PM
Krabby makes the best noise in the game.

I don't think anyone can beat Kricketune's DELELELE BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

4dFn2r-iq_4

Formalhaut
07-19-2016, 05:23 PM
I love Kricketune's cry! Hang on... Kricketune... Cricket... where's Cimminy!

Galuf
07-19-2016, 06:10 PM
i love the game cries.

Spearow
drowzee
jynx

EVERY GEN 4 POKEMON INCLUDING; DELELELE WHOOOOOOOOP!

Reshirams BW cry. They left the drums in xD

And........

LITLEO!!!!

oh yeah... and Beheeyems cry in the anime is..... lol

Scotty_ffgamer
07-19-2016, 10:43 PM
I don't mind the old noises but I wouldn't mind them emulating the anime either. If they do, I definitely want the ability to make a Squirtle that looks like it's from the Squirtle squad.

Also, it bothers me that pikachu says it's name. I think that was the case in yellow too, which was even worse due to the sound of the system. I would prefer all saying their name or none.