PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Generation?

Wolf Kanno
07-21-2016, 09:11 PM
With all the various generations to choose from, which is your all time favorite?

Fynn
07-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Generation five. Unova in general has some of my favorite Pokemon and I loved how the first two games were basically a full reboot that only had new pokes until the post-game. I loved all the gym leaders and how involved they were in these stories, being very reminiscent of the manga. In general I loved the story of Black and White a whole lot due to it trying to do something more interesting. Sure, it's still Pokemon and it's still for kids, but it tried to do something more meaningful with its material and I feel it worked splendidly.

Black and White 2, however, while they might not have a story that matches that level established in BW1 (but it's still enjoyable enough) offer some of the best gameplay in the series. With exciting features like the Pokemon World Tournament and Pokestar Studios, there is so much to do in this game besides beating the main story (which sadly can't be said about X and Y).

Galuf
07-21-2016, 09:40 PM
Gen 4

cos im nostalgic for it.

Has the coolest Champion. My favourite legendaries
An evil team leader who is great (well morely in Platinum)
Cool evolutions.

However its battles are slow, and the E4 is rather forgettable.

But it gave the best spin off ever so.....
I mean any game which makes me like Chatot and Wigglytuff has to be great.

Pumpkin
07-21-2016, 09:57 PM
I like X because I can dress up my character and it has the biggest selection of Pokemon to choose from :jess:

Freya
07-21-2016, 10:06 PM
I am nostalgic for Gen 1 and 2 but to be fair I haven't given the other Gens that much more attention. I like Gen VI? But again I'd need to play them more to really appreciate them.

Pike
07-21-2016, 10:32 PM
2nd gen is my fave!! I know it's not just nostalgia because I replayed it about two years ago (the original games, not the remakes) and they were just as good. I liked the way you could go back to Kanto and then fight Red with all his like, level 85 Pokemon. It was super intense.

My second fave is the latest gen, X/Y. Real pretty and I had so much fun with it :love: And it had a bunch of new Pokemon in it that I love, like Chespin!

escobert
07-21-2016, 10:51 PM
First!

Perducci
07-21-2016, 11:16 PM
Gen 2 because Johto is best and you also get access to Kanto post-game. Two gens for the price of one!

Night Fury
07-21-2016, 11:27 PM
2 because I think the starters were the best in that one!

Loony BoB
07-22-2016, 07:15 AM
First gen best gen.

Del Murder
07-22-2016, 06:40 PM
The pokemon from the first gen are obviously the best. But my favorite game was Gold/Silver. I loved that you got to go back to Kanto and fight the original gym leaders and elite four, and then Ash at the end! Awesome. Gen 2 also fixed the broken Special stat and added the Steel and Dark types and that was the last change to types until Gen 6. X/Y is my third favorite though.

Pike
07-22-2016, 11:40 PM
I have a really hard time going back to gen 1 unless it's the remake. I like the remake a lot.

Sephiroth
07-23-2016, 01:34 AM
I feel an extreme sympathy concerning 4th generation. It brought me back to Pokémon after a longer break and I have great and sad memories with it. So 4th generation. Then 1st. Then second. Then 5th. Then 3rd. I barely played 6th.

Lyndis Highwind
07-23-2016, 02:01 AM
I think the 1st generation will always be my favorite.

Bubba
07-23-2016, 10:44 AM
So 4th generation. Then 1st. Then second. Then 4th. Then 3rd. I barely played 6th.

Yeah, 4th was mine too. Then 4th. Followed by 4th. I actually really rated 4th too.

wizzyboo
07-23-2016, 04:11 PM
I'd say gen 4 cause platinum has a good story ( its also the only gen 4 game I played) and it added some good pokemon ( like the god pippy the piplup )

Galuf
07-23-2016, 04:14 PM
I'd say gen 4 cause platinum has a good story ( its also the only gen 4 game I played) and it added some good pokemon ( like the god pippy the piplup )

soulsilver is technically Gen 4. Its a gen 2 remake on a gen4 engine i think.
So you played 2 gen 4 games

Sephiroth
07-23-2016, 05:27 PM

soulsilver is technically Gen 4. Its a gen 2 remake on a gen4 engine i think.
So you played 2 gen 4 games

We ----- ll. It really depends how you define it. Is it about the story from gen x it tells or is it about the Pokémon you can get/the time it came out? It is really the same with Firered and Leafgreen, And I prefer to call them "1st gen" as I view the "remake of gen 1 game" more important then when it came out or which new Pokémon are included. But it really depends on what you see as relevant.