PDA

View Full Version : The thing Crisis Core did right (Spoilers)

The Last Ancient
07-25-2016, 05:38 PM
I didn't love the game. The endless Loveless speeches, most of Zack's backstory was not particularly interesting, but how it handled Zack and Aerith (Aeris) and their relationship was really smart. It was simple. And sweet. Nothing complicated happened between them. Nothing serious. They were just young people who dug each other. Why that works is that we know that both of them will meet terrible fates and die very young. Keeping their story simply and quite lovely makes it that much more impactful knowing how it will end.

DynamixDJ
07-25-2016, 08:05 PM
It was a while ago now that I played it. I rushed out to buy a Limited edition FFVII PSP for the game, and was disappointed. The main gripe was the huge change in the storyline development; Angeal & Genesis were huge players in the back-story of FFVII, yet make no appearance in the vanilla game. I didn't even finish it, but that was not due to not wanting to, but rather my sister overwriting my save and I couldn't be bothered playing it again (was right near the end).

I really can't remember the love story too well with Aeris and Zack, I just remember how bad of a job they'd done with Cloud.

Fynn
07-25-2016, 08:08 PM
I agree that Zack and Aerith were definitely the highlight of the game. It also helped a lot that Aerith had the best voice in this one!

Bubba
07-26-2016, 11:52 AM
It annoys me that I can't play this game. I'm not buying an old PSP just for this.

Why is it only available on one format? SORT IT OUT, SE!

Fynn
07-26-2016, 11:55 AM
Just watch an LP or something. It's really not that good.

The Last Ancient
08-01-2016, 12:30 AM
You can watch all of the cutscenes on youtube, it's worth it.

It annoys me that I can't play this game. I'm not buying an old PSP just for this.

Why is it only available on one format? SORT IT OUT, SE!