PDA

View Full Version : Hi. I'm DynamixDJ!

DynamixDJ
07-26-2016, 09:40 PM
Hello. A little bit about myself - I have (for some inexplicable reason) made FFVII my hobby, which has in turn become my life. I love excavating the inner workings of the game, and by using some of the hacking tool available over at qhimm, (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php) I have been able to uncover a lot of uncommonly known about things about the game (Makou Reactor (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9658.0) and Proud Clod (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8481.0) are used the most by myself, and are fantastic tools). I love to talk about the game's mechanics!

There are variations of how in-depth and obscure I can go. I'll start with a few things that aren't very commonly known. Did you know that Bahamut ZERO is permanently missable? If you obtain all four Huge Materias, but failed to collect one of the first two Bahamuts, then you would not be able to dig for Bahamut ZERO from the chest in Bone Village.

Did you know there is a hidden Potion to be collected in Sector 7? Talk to the guy next to the dog in the Beginner's hall and ask how to heal your allies. If you have 0 Potions in-stock, he'll give you one for free. Very few guides mention this

Or what about Ruby also being weak to Fury? It's a difficult strategy to pull off, but it is possible to confuse your player, have the confused player throw a Hyper at Ruby (by selecting "Hyper" just before the player is confused), and then Ruby will start missing on most of her attacks. This strategy is not preferable to using Dazers, as you'd need one person to be unequipped with a Ribbon, but it is interesting enough to point out!

So yeah, I'm DynamixDJ, and I like to talk about FFVII :D
Lastly, my walkthrough (sig) is the thing that started my FFVII adventures off. Check it out if you care to!

Pumpkin
07-26-2016, 09:52 PM
Hi. I'm Pumpkin!

Welcome to the forum! I'm not the biggest buff on FFVII, but a lot of our members adore the game and I'm sure they'll appreciate the tips!

Do you play any other FF games?

DynamixDJ
07-26-2016, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I have mixed feelings towards 8. I played it when I was a kid, but I just couldn't get into it, and I did try. When I played it again roughly 3 years ago with a guide, I enjoyed it a lot more then I did previously, although I still found the junctioning system too be a little too arduous. Either refine one of your rare cards, or go without the optimal set-up. I didn't realise the cards were re-obtainable at the end. Story-wise, the very end FMV kind of confused the hell out of me, and didn't conclude properly imo. There is still a lot about 8 that I do like, and if it gets ported to the PS4 then I'll probably buy it.

I've played IX twice, and both times I didn't finish it for varying reasons. I love the game, and one day I will actually finish it. The only thing I find rather annoying is some of the "cartoon" style pre-rendered backgrounds, other than that I loved it! I haven't played any FFs past IX, and I don't think I want to either. If anything, I want to go backwards. I've heard nothing but good things about VI, and I have it downloaded on my PS3. It'll probably be the next FF I play, but in all honesty, I have absolutely no plans whatsoever to get back into normal gaming, I have far too many FFVII projects on the go. If I do get back into gaming, Fallout 4 will be the first game I run to. I yearn for that game

Bubba
07-27-2016, 01:28 PM
Welcome to EoFF!

I've already seen you posting. FFVII is my favourite too :D

Enjoy your life sentence here :shifty:

Midgar Mist
07-27-2016, 05:08 PM
See it as more of tenure rather than life sentence :-)

And yay! Someone else who hasn't played the new games and wants to go backwards! I.....no longer feel alone :-D

Like you my favourite is VII, but I completed IX first. For some reason I found it easier.

I have gone further than you, and I have completed X and X-2. I balked at XII and I've never had the internet connection for the MMOs.

I stubbornly save money and refuse to play any SE release from the PS3 era. However, I am tempted by I am Setsuna and FFXV when I can afford it. But I'm not sure.

Oh, and I also struggled with VIII so any tips you have there would be appreciated.

Oh, and pop into the VI forum anytime. I may be in a position to offer advice that way, just start a thread and give us a shout :-)

Welcome!

DynamixDJ
07-27-2016, 07:57 PM
Yeah, XV does look rather inciting, doesn't it? I'm really not too hopeful that the remake will be all that, and as such I just may just end up enjoying it, so long as I expect it to be crap; anything plus is a bonus. Again, I feel as though my days of playing games recreation-ally are over, all I do with my free time is work with FFVII. I have more projects on the go than I care to list, but the remake is something I may have to take a "work-break" from to indulge myself in. Fallout 4 though.....

I can't really give many tips regarding VIII, as I can't really remember it all too well, but I have a few viewpoints and tips I could give, if you have any specific queries. I could chew your ear off about VII though. I have written an extremely thorough and comprehensive Damage Overflow guide (I bring it up purely because it is one of the most recent project I finished), you can check it out in my guide by searching {Damage Overflow Glitch}.

Mirage
07-28-2016, 06:10 PM
on a scale from 1 to 15, how dynamix are you?

DynamixDJ
07-28-2016, 08:14 PM
Why, 7 of course :D