PDA

View Full Version : Do you play the series competively?

Wolf Kanno
07-28-2016, 05:42 PM
Not really tournament or anything, but do you play the games to eventually battle other players or do you simply play to enjoy the games as is? I'm here mostly for the collecting and whatnot, but I did have a fun time battling friends back in the day. The munchkin in me loves the meta-game but I rarely knew anyone I could play against until I lost interest in the series.

Depression Moon
07-28-2016, 05:54 PM
Nah, because I never had access to.

Formalhaut
07-28-2016, 05:54 PM
I've hardly ever battled with others. Maybe once or twice, tops? Pretty much never. No doubt I'd be shockingly bad at it.

Psychotic
07-28-2016, 06:06 PM
non stop Pokemon Stadium and Stadium 2 in this house.

Pumpkin
07-28-2016, 07:16 PM
Nope not at all

Fynn
07-28-2016, 07:48 PM
Not really. I mostly just play it for the main game and collecting, but that tournament we had last year was super fun and it'd be cool to have another one. It was cool cause everyone got random eggs and everyone had the same amount of time to train them, so we were all on equal footing - no one had a specialized team with perfectly trailered IVs and the best possible moves. We just all hatched our babies and made them hit each other and I think that's beautiful.

Pike
07-28-2016, 07:50 PM
Back in the Gen 2 days, Aulayna showed me a website where you could set up a Pokemon team and battle other people over the internet. So I carefully recreated a team consisting of all my faves and then promptly got my shit pushed in by a bunch of competitive pokemon battlers :jess:

Lyndis Highwind
07-28-2016, 08:02 PM
Nope, I don't. I only just recently started playing the series, so I've never had the opportunity to battle anyone.

Del Murder
07-29-2016, 12:45 AM
Only during the EoFF Pokemon Tournament, which I won! However, the rules were simplified heavily from usual competition to benefit newbies to this area like myself, so I don't plan to take it to the next level.

During the tournament I did play a bunch of random battles online with other people to prepare myself and I won more often than I lost.

Fynn
07-29-2016, 05:43 AM
Looks like you've got talent as a battler ;)

Sephiroth
07-29-2016, 09:51 AM
Yes, yes, I do. And I remember the time where I fought Ultima Shadow without any real competitive spirit. I never even won a single battle.