PDA

View Full Version : ALOLA FORMS FOR CLASSIC POKEMON

Freya
08-01-2016, 03:04 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Bhor5FPZ--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/zfspnzdg189btnjayivj.png
OMG
SNOWY

VULPIX
OMG (http://kotaku.com/classic-pokemon-can-transform-into-something-new-in-pok-1784643853)

3AZHowhxM0U

CimminyCricket
08-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Damn. That just made Vulpix/Ninetails a mainstay in my party.

Freya
08-01-2016, 03:56 PM
RIGHT and the icy sandshrew/slash!

Jinx
08-01-2016, 06:59 PM
I love Trump pokemon.

Also I hope those little birdies can change form and aren't always the one form they're in. I want flamenco and geisha birdies but I'm not letting them have two spaces in my party.

Honestly, the original pokemon this gen are so great. Dunno who I'm going to choose.

Skyblade
08-02-2016, 05:00 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/154/065/9df.png

The internet works fast.

Depression Moon
08-02-2016, 04:15 PM
The new forms of vulpix and sandshrew will have a different movelist and maybe stats too, so I don't understand why they made them. They might as well been new pokemon.

I thought the new forms were jokes at first, especially when you start out with that exeggutor. The new pokemon are just whatever to me. The most interesting news is the removal of gyms for trials, but these trials might just be an in name change only. We won't know until further information.

Galuf
08-02-2016, 04:20 PM
Ooftb i might actualy use a vulpix this time round. Ill have a hard time choosing 6 now.

Skyblade
08-02-2016, 05:56 PM
The new forms of vulpix and sandshrew will have a different movelist and maybe stats too, so I don't understand why they made them. They might as well been new pokemon.

I thought the new forms were jokes at first, especially when you start out with that exeggutor. The new pokemon are just whatever to me. The most interesting news is the removal of gyms for trials, but these trials might just be an in name change only. We won't know until further information.

They are confirmed to have new stats, as the website specifically discusses the new Sandshrew/Sandslash being much bulkier, but slower, than their original form versions.

Interestingly enough, though, there may be a point to it.

End-game systems like the Battle Maison prevent you from having duplicate Pokémon in your team. Even if they have different forms, the species itself is restricted to one on your team. So making them the same Pokémon will mean that you can't have both the new ice fox, and the old fire fox, on the same team. They're both Vulpix, so you have to pick which you want.

Granted, with well over 700 Pokémon before Sun/Moon adds its new additions, you aren't exactly suffering from a lack of options, but it does technically have some gameplay effect.

Personally, I love the new designs, though. A lot of the old Pokémon have kind of been forgotten or cast aside. When was the last time you were actually excited to have a Sandshrew on your team? It allows them to breathe new life into old Pokémon in a way that is even more effective than Mega-Evolution. It also allows them to create new Pokémon without having to rack the total count up even higher, as well as reuse particularly strong or popular designs, instead of having to strain people's patience with designs that are not particularly well received, but exist just to be new.

Heck, Delta Pokémon have been a thing in the card game for ages. I love what I see coming out of the new forms.

Jinx
08-02-2016, 06:01 PM
Anyone who hates on ice Vulpix can gtfo imho. I read somewhere there's also talks of a water-type Arcanine? YES PLEASE DO THISSSSS.

Skyblade
08-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Anyone who hates on ice Vulpix can gtfo imho. I read somewhere there's also talks of a water-type Arcanine? YES PLEASE DO THISSSSS.

There was a leak before the reveal of the Alola forms that predicted a lot of this, including Oricorio, in such detail that it basically confirms it had a legitimate source. It started with a leak from China that included concept images of the final evolutions of the starters, and was expanded upon to contain more information later.

For full information on this:

•There actually are No Gyms - SEEMINGLY CONFIRMED
•There is more than one evolution for Rockruff including a Werewolf
•Yungoos' evolution is fat and hairy - CONFIRMED
•Time works differently in each version
•There are new forms of old Pokemon which are not Mega Evolutions but more along the line of Shellos/Wordam. Another chunk of information suggests that these are a few Pokemon that'll get new forms... Butterfree (Bug/Psychic), Rattata line (Dark), Nidoqueen/Nidoking (Poison/Fighting), Ninetails (Fire/Fairy), Growlithe line (Water), Abra line (Fighting), Duduo line (Fighting/Flying) - EXISTENCE OF FORMS CONFIRMED, THOUGH NINETAILS IS ICE/FAIRY, NOT FIRE/FAIRY.
•Pokemon transferred from the VC releases will have pre-gen 6 typings/stats
•The stone bracelets have nothing to do with Synchro Evolution - CONFIRMED
•Ash-Greninja is in the game
•S.S Anne appears in the game
•Larger, but not by much, amount of brand new Pokemon than last gen
•Looker, Cynthia, Blue, Zinnia, AZ, and Lance all make appearances
•Furfrou's hair cut can be changes in the new Amie
•Some of the new forms for old Pokemon get new animations (Mentions the Abra line)
•Transferring through Bank will be the only way to get some forms of old Pokemon
•There is a flying type bird whose appearance varies each island - CONFIRMED
•There is a 2 stage cat Pokemon that is Normal when captures but will inherit the fathers primary type as its 2nd type when hatched and the color/pattern varies by type
•There is a Snowman like mentioned in the Chinese rumor and it is an Ice/Ghost 2 stager and it is an Ice/Ghost 2 stage

This is the starter info:

Jinx
08-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Yes, I saw that leak of the starters finals and I love both Popplio and Rowlett's finals. Also HAHA at everyone who thinks Popplio sucks, if this source is legit, she clearly has the best final form.

Skyblade
08-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Yes, I saw that leak of the starters finals and I love both Popplio and Rowlett's finals. Also HAHA at everyone who thinks Popplio sucks, if this source is legit, she clearly has the best final form.

Personally, I think Rowlett has the best final form. If you want to see why, take a look at a breakdown of the details by my good buddy Delzethin (his videos are fantastic, and he needs more viewers).
jX1zHzZG9Zk

He also has a video discussing the origin of Solgaleo and Lunala:
WZIItEnu5ls

Also, have more art.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/154/009/634.png
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/154/011/447.png
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/154/121/528.png
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/153/767/3b8.png

Galuf
08-02-2016, 06:29 PM
I do not like those leaked final evolutions. Rowletts is good but the other too look ugly to me.

Skyblade
08-02-2016, 06:44 PM
I do not like those leaked final evolutions. Rowletts is good but the other too look ugly to me.

I hate Litten's. They ruined the kitty cat.

Plus, it looks like another Fire/Fighting, because that's never been done before[/sarcasm].

Fynn
08-02-2016, 06:53 PM
I managed to avoid most info, but final fire cat looks AWESOME imo!!! :hyper:

Also, the new forms remind me of that thing fanartists do when they do "regional version" fusions of Pokemon.

Wolf Kanno
08-02-2016, 07:19 PM
I'm actually surprised it took them this long to do regional versions, seems like a no brainer to me. I'm actually loving the Palm Tree Exeggutor variant.

Skyblade
08-02-2016, 07:27 PM
I'm actually surprised it took them this long to do regional versions, seems like a no brainer to me. I'm actually loving the Palm Tree Exeggutor variant.

Sandshrew/Sandslash has a personal touch for me. Sandslash was one of the powerhouses of my team when I first played Pokémon. And Ice is one of my favorite elements (even if the Type sucks defensively). It's just so pretty.

Really hyped to use a new Sandslash. It looks great.

Two quad weaknesses is not exactly great, though.

Jinx
08-02-2016, 07:33 PM
If those forms are legit, Litten will def be fire/dark.

ALSO HOW CAN YOU THINK A MERMAID POKEMON IS UGLY WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

Galuf
08-02-2016, 07:37 PM
I dont like its eyes. Or its head

Fynn
08-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Agreed. Looks like a wrestling heel. Fire/dark is my bet as well, but I'm in the minority in that I wouldn't be mad with another fire/fighting type either since it's a very solid all around type combo

Jinx
08-02-2016, 07:46 PM
And my guess is grass/flying (remaining from Rowlett) and water/fairy typing for the other two.

Galuf
08-02-2016, 07:51 PM
I woupd want litten to be fire/ice. But thatd never happen.
Why? Cos itd be cool. It make no soense. But. Syill

Skyblade
08-02-2016, 10:03 PM
It does look like a wrestling heel... But that's part of the point. It looks like a WRESTLER. That's a fighting style. Heck, it's shown grappling two different Pokémon in its concept images. Storm Throw, Circle Throw, Submission, Seismic Toss, Vital Throw... They're all Fighting moves, because it's a fighting style.

The Litten evolution's design would be more believable as a Fighting/Dark than a Fire/Dark.
I mean, Emboar looks like Fire/Dark from the design as well.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/1/18/500Emboar.png/250px-500Emboar.png
But it's not.

But, really, I just... I really hate that design. It goes from a sleek, standoffish kitty cat that doesn't express itself well to a big, hulking, bipedal thing that is barely a cat anymore, and doesn't even really seem evocative of a Fire type.

Depression Moon
08-02-2016, 10:24 PM

For real? When those were posted back in May I was sure they were just fan art, nut now I'm mad.

Formalhaut
08-02-2016, 10:38 PM
The starter's final evolutions are interesting. Rowlett's final form looks pretty nice, has a sort of Robin Hood vibe that I approve of. Popplio is my second favourite with a decent sort of mermaid look.

But I really disapprove of Litten's final evolution. I'm with Skyblade, it looks horrendous. And by the looks of it, it seems to be Fire/Fighting. It's clearly doing fighting moves in some of those sketches. I'd be okay with Fire/Dark, but if it is another Fire/Fighting then I'm going to be pretty disappointed. I wasn't a fan of Emboar's look whatsoever, and he was the third Fire/Fighting in a row. Wasn't a fan of Blaziken either. Infernape wasn't bad.

By the looks of it, I'll probably end up picking Grass first for the first time since... huh. Have I ever chosen Grass first? Maybe Bulbasaur way back in Gen I.

Jinx
08-02-2016, 10:46 PM
Robin Hoot is pretty cute. Mermaid is BEST. I don't really care about the Litten evolution because I was never particularly impressed or fond of Litten to begin with.

Galuf
08-02-2016, 11:48 PM
Wellp. Delphox emboar and infernape looked bad to me. But i still used them. Except ingernape. Besides a couple o starters dinnae ruin bounsweets name and charjabugs squarenessi

Mr. Carnelian
08-03-2016, 12:56 AM
Robin Hoot (perfect nickname, well done Jinx) looks great! I was already tending towards Rowlett as my first starter - I like owls - and this has just helped confirm it for me.

Vis a vis the Alola forms, I think it's a great way to breathe some new life into classic Pokemon designs. The Exeggcutor redesign makes perfect sense, a palm tree's bound to grow to a greater height in a tropical environment. And icy Ninetales is a thing of beauty.

Jinx
08-03-2016, 01:01 AM
I mean these final evolves aren't confirmed. But god I hope they are.

Formalhaut
08-03-2016, 01:12 AM
Honestly I'm fine not choosing the (twisted) fire starter this generation. I really loved Fennekin in Gen VI, and I haven't chosen a Grass type in ages. I'll be jumping on the Robin Hoot train!

EDIT: When this generation comes out, would it be too much to temporarily request a name change to Formahoot? Eh, probably a bad idea.

Fynn
08-03-2016, 05:46 AM
You guys are all haters. The wrestling tiger looks badass and that's that :smug: (it's definitely a tiger and not a "thing", Sky - even the katakana in the corner says "tiger 3" in Japanese.)

He looks like he could totally suplex a train.

Seriously though, it does remind me of Sabin and that's possibly one of the best things a Pokemon could remind me of.

And here someone is using the exact same reasoning as me as to why it's fire/dark:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/Paplyk/Mobile%20Uploads/image_6.png

Wolf Kanno
08-03-2016, 07:45 AM
I'm going to laugh if Game fFreaks really throw a whammy on players and make the cats third form Dark/Fighter just to screw with people.

Hell just the idea your starter could change their type completely by their third form would be interesting.

Fynn
08-03-2016, 07:53 AM
There are actually tumors that starters may have different final evolutions based on gender. I highly doubt that, though, given that all starters so far have a 75% male to female ratio

Jinx
08-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I'll definitely be restarting the game until I get a female Popplio. That is just not a male design

Fynn
08-03-2016, 02:00 PM
I did that with Delphox, actually.

Jinx
08-03-2016, 02:23 PM
Same. Delphox is clearly meant to be a witch.

Formalhaut
08-03-2016, 04:26 PM
I also kept resetting until I got a female Fennekin. :shobon:

Fynn
08-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Now Litten needs to be a man in my game. The owl could go either way really.

Pumpkin
08-03-2016, 04:29 PM
I love the mermaid one too :love:

Formalhaut
08-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Now Litten needs to be a man in my game. The owl could go either way really.

Why can't Litten be a girl, hmm Fynn?

I kid, I kid. Though Mr. Carny made this exact observation when he noticed me trying to achieve a female Fennekin.

Fynn
08-03-2016, 04:37 PM
I'm gonna name him Sabin and that's that.

Freya
08-03-2016, 05:09 PM
I like mermaids soooo

Jinx
08-03-2016, 05:13 PM
The owl COULD go either way, but its design feels more male to me.

I'll probably name my mermaid Undine. I might go with a Hawaiian sea goddess name if I can find one I like. I generally name my stater inspired by the region, if not my entire party.

Fynn
08-03-2016, 05:16 PM
The owl COULD go either way, but its design feels more male to me.

I'll probably name my mermaid Undine.

YES

Formalhaut
08-03-2016, 05:30 PM
I really want to name a fire pokemon Pele in this generation. Any ideas?

Skyblade
08-03-2016, 05:49 PM

Well, a Fire Style Oricorio could work.

Of the old Fire Types, Magmar actually jumps to mind first. But we may get an Alola Magmar that's Rock Type or something.

Jinx
08-03-2016, 06:26 PM
Holy shit, I'm going to name my Oricorio 'Tiny Dancer'.

Bubba
08-03-2016, 06:36 PM
There are actually tumors that starters may have

That's a brave step for Nintendo to take. Will it be a status affect on their HP like poison?

Formalhaut
08-03-2016, 06:38 PM

Of the old Fire Types, Magmar actually jumps to mind first. But we may get an Alola Magmar that's Rock Type or something.

The Baile form Oricorio is perfect!

Jinx
08-03-2016, 06:41 PM
But the Oricorio's form changes if you feed her nectar! It'd be silly to name her after one type.

Skyblade
08-03-2016, 06:41 PM

That's a brave step for Nintendo to take. Will it be a status affect on their HP like poison?

Well done. I was trying to think of a good response to make to that one, but I couldn't.

But the Oricorio's form changes if you feed her nectar! It'd be silly to name her after one type.

We don't know if the forms will actually change once you catch it. It may be catchable on each island, and have a different form that is unique to that island, but stays permanent once you catch it. Or, it may shift as you move from island to island. Is it just "drinking nectar"? Or is it continual exposure to the nectar over however long it lived before being captured?

Jinx
08-03-2016, 06:44 PM
I read that there are plants you can feed your Oricorio from that changes its form. Probably on the island it can be found. Baile-form island has the Baile-form plant, etc.

Also Baile for is based on Flamenco dancing. Formy, you should wait and see if there's a volcanic Pokemon that's introduce (there already are some).

Skyblade
08-03-2016, 06:49 PM
I read that there are plants you can feed your Oricorio from that changes its form. Probably on the island it can be found. Baile-form island has the Baile-form plant, etc.

Also Baile for is based on Flamenco dancing. Formy, you should wait and see if there's a volcanic Pokemon that's introduce (there already are some).

http://xy11.pokemontcgxy.com/en-us/volcanion/

Volcanion being released in October.

But, unfortunately, it's an Event Pokémon, so you can't rename it.

Typhlosion, Entei, and Camerupt are the closest to being Volcanic. Maybe Heatran or Torkoal.

Formalhaut
08-03-2016, 06:49 PM

Eh, it doesn't have to be a perfect match. And I can't see Pele the fire goddess really being a Magmar. Maybe a Volcarona?

Fynn
08-03-2016, 07:00 PM

Well done. I was trying to think of a good response to make to that one, but I couldn't.

Man, you guys are the worst :G

Skyblade
08-04-2016, 10:38 PM
There are actually tumors that starters may have different final evolutions based on gender. I highly doubt that, though, given that all starters so far have a 75% male to female ratio

I've heard a different set of rumors floating around right now, actually.

Apparently, people think that the split may be day/night forms. With the ones we have right now being the "night" versions.

Formalhaut
08-04-2016, 10:46 PM
This is all starting to sound horribly complicated. Why can't they just keep the starters simple?

Jinx
08-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Because following the same routine is boring. Evolving your starter for a different form based on day/night will be easy. Just press B, Foamy! JUST PRESS B!

Depression Moon
08-05-2016, 01:31 AM

Why Magmar got a butt on his head?

Galuf
08-05-2016, 11:15 AM
ooft that means i might get a good looking litten final evo!

Wolf Kanno
08-09-2016, 05:32 PM
A few more got announced in Famitsu recently.

Dark Type Meowth and a Ghost/Fire type Marowak

Not digging Meowth's new design but I like Marowaks.

Freya
08-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Meowths seems lazy.

Skyblade
08-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Meowths seems lazy.

I think that was intentional, and because of the anime.

We're going to see Meowth get upstaged by the new Alolan Meowth, and have an entire episode dedicated to proving itself or whatever.

They won't change the mascots too much.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
08-10-2016, 12:09 AM
Fire-type Marowak is amazing, even though it is exactly what I expected.

Pumpkin
08-10-2016, 10:45 PM
I saw a Raichu and was disappoint :(

Depression Moon
08-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Dark Meowth looks like a pervert.

Skyblade
08-10-2016, 11:58 PM
I saw a Raichu and was disappoint :(

This one?
Personally, I'm happy that he's finally not being ignored in favor of Pikachu, if this leak is accurate (we'll find out in a couple days).

Plus, new Abilities are awesome.

Formalhaut
08-11-2016, 12:03 AM
I see your point; Raichu has always been the 'forgotten' pokemon of that line because of Pikachu of course, but also Pichu as well.

That and it is a stone evolution, which I usually dislike due to how rare they can be sometimes. This Raichu looks... okay? The tail surfing is neat I guess, not sure about the creepy eyes though.

Galuf
08-11-2016, 01:09 AM
a dinny like its ears but i like that its no deddene.

Perducci
08-11-2016, 01:24 AM
Alolan Marowak and Exeggutor are both pretty great.

Depression Moon
08-11-2016, 02:48 AM
I see your point; Raichu has always been the 'forgotten' pokemon of that line because of Pikachu of course, but also Pichu as well.

That and it is a stone evolution, which I usually dislike due to how rare they can be sometimes. This Raichu looks... okay? The tail surfing is neat I guess, not sure about the creepy eyes though.
It shares Audino's eyes and some of its ears. So it must be a fusion.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/7/78/Nurse_Joy_Audino.png/220px-Nurse_Joy_Audino.png

Galuf
08-11-2016, 02:50 AM

It share's Audino's eyes and some of its ears. So it must be a fusion.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/7/78/Nurse_Joy_Audino.png/220px-Nurse_Joy_Audino.png

So maybe its a bag of xp!

Pumpkin
08-11-2016, 04:30 PM
I'm glad Raichu is getting attention too, I love Raichu. But I'm just not a fan of the new design. I'll probably get used to it

Ffamran mied Bunansa
08-11-2016, 06:22 PM
They really need to show off some later gen Pokemon with Alola forms. I would be incredibly disappointed if they ended up being gen 1 only.

Depression Moon
08-12-2016, 04:00 AM
They're going to be gen 1 only to pander to the people who only played 1 or just got on board with Go.

Skyblade
08-12-2016, 05:45 AM
They're going to be gen 1 only to pander to the people who only played 1 or just got on board with Go.

Yeah, at this point, I'm pretty sure it's Gen 1 only. At least right now. Though, if the feature is seen as a good thing (right now, everyone seems to love it), I'm sure that will expand in future games. Regional versions of Sinnoh Pokémon, or Sinnoh regional variants with a Gen IV remake? I mean, the Mt. Coronet evolutions were originally intended as Sinnoh variants, so I can see it working.

I am wondering what connection Alola has to Kanto, though, to have so many Pokémon grow there in different ways. Are we going to return to Kanto again in postgame?

Mr. Carnelian
08-13-2016, 11:47 AM
I really like the new Raichu design. It's using it's tail as a surfboard! How cool is that! :D