PDA

View Full Version : Which is the hardest instrument to learn?

Fynn
08-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Just so you know I'm not biased, I used an online top 10 list (http://listaka.com/top-10-most-difficult-musical-instruments/) to pick the choices for this poll.

Piano is defo the most difficult, though.

Night Fury
08-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Speaking as a brass player, I can probably say that the french horn would be very hard to play well as there's a lot more than just blowing (lolbeans) going on.

Also the violin is extremely hard to nail.

Pheesh
08-06-2016, 06:09 PM
I found Piano quite easy honestly. I wasn't particularly good at reading music and the theory aspect of it, but the actual playing of the piano was simple enough.

I think for me a wind instrument would be the hardest. I tried blowing into a trombone once and I couldn't even get a sound out of it, so yeah, probably something along those lines. I voted bagpipes cause I wouldn't even know where to start.

Pike
08-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Cello was really tough for me to get to not sound like a dying seal

Night Fury
08-06-2016, 08:30 PM
I found Piano quite easy honestly. I wasn't particularly good at reading music and the theory aspect of it, but the actual playing of the piano was simple enough.

I think for me a wind instrument would be the hardest. I tried blowing into a trombone once and I couldn't even get a sound out of it, so yeah, probably something along those lines. I voted bagpipes cause I wouldn't even know where to start.

Honestly easiest way to start off with brass is to - and I'm 100% serious - make a fart sound through the mouthpiece.

escobert
08-07-2016, 03:00 PM
All of them :p

Piano is the only one I can remotely come close to playing.

Vermachtnis
08-07-2016, 05:29 PM
I've never seen a piano in a marching band.

Lyndis Highwind
08-08-2016, 06:20 AM
I've actually never really tried to learn an instrument. I've always wanted to play the piano and the drums, but I've never really had the opportunity to learn them.