PDA

View Full Version : When Role-Playing a character...

Pumpkin
08-07-2016, 05:02 PM
Meaning you play one of those choices matter games with dialogue options and customization and all of that, how do you play your character?

Pike
08-07-2016, 08:10 PM
I like to come up with different characters who have different motivations but they all usually end up being at least decently friendly people, mostly because I hate being mean to video game characters because I'm a loser and I might hurt their imaginary feelings.

Pheesh
08-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Needed an all of the above. I've literally done all of those things, it just depends on how I'm feeling at the time.

escobert
08-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Generally I play what I'd do but, If I've played a game a few times I'll change it up.

Vermachtnis
08-08-2016, 04:21 AM
Somewhere between C and D. It usually starts off with me winging it until I get a feel for the character and world and then play based off of that.

Perducci
08-11-2016, 01:16 AM
The first time round I usually play it how I think the character would act, but on subsequent playthroughs I'll just go for whatever I'm feeling at the time.

Formalhaut
08-11-2016, 01:20 AM
I like to come up with different characters who have different motivations but they all usually end up being at least decently friendly people, mostly because I hate being mean to video game characters because I'm a loser and I might hurt their imaginary feelings.

So much this. In every game I've played, I've been super friendly and supportive to everyone that I meet, even Vivienne from DA: I.

I suppose that makes me fall under the 'role model' category I guess.

Zanmato
08-12-2016, 08:27 PM
I play myself, of course! It doesn't matter if it's the real life, internet or an video game - I'm always myself. :cool:

Ffamran mied Bunansa
08-12-2016, 11:59 PM
I try my best to play the character as I expect them to be. Basically the same thing I do with characters when I am writing a story.

Christmas
04-26-2022, 01:31 AM
I am a professional RP-er and will get into character of course. I remembered one of my role was playing a serial killer in the Red Light District in downtown Midgar. The amount of rats I killed to get into character prior! This is what professionalism is all about. :bigsmile: