PDA

View Full Version : So, 2016...

Wolf Kanno
08-09-2016, 03:07 AM
We're about halfway through the year, with the holiday season coming up and lots of high profile releases but what about the year so far? Has it been a good year for you in terms of gaming? If so, what have you been playing?

Formalhaut
08-09-2016, 03:10 AM
Oh gosh we're not even halfway through August and we're talking about the holiday season...

Wolf Kanno
08-09-2016, 04:24 AM
Oh gosh we're not even halfway through August and we're talking about the holiday season...

More of a retrospective of what has passed so far for the year. Basically how was your first half of 2016 gaming-wise? You don't even need to focus on games that solely came out this year, just whatever you've been playing since January.

Slothy
08-09-2016, 04:38 AM
Overwatch became a thing and I got new missions in StarCraft 2. I have no idea what else came out aside from games I don't own/can't afford.

Also played the shit out of Pokemon X and Y with the girlfriend.

Pumpkin
08-09-2016, 05:07 AM
It's been a great gaming year for me! We got our PS4 in December so all of the PS4 games I've tried have pretty much been in 2016.

-I had fun doing the CLANNAD bookclub
-Until Dawn was terrifying, but a good gaming experience for me
-We did our fighting game marathon for February
-Got in to the Dragon Age series
-Played one of my new all-time favourite games, Trails of Cold Steel!
-Completed Grandia II, a classic
-Played Super Mario Galaxy, further venturing in to genres I'm not always comfortable with
-Same thing with Tomb Raider (PS3 version)
-Fire Emblem: Birthright and Bravely Second and now A Link to the Past are some excellent 3DS games
-To The Moon and If My Heart Had Wings were awesome Steam games
-Undertale was pretty good and I'm happy I got to see what the fuss was all about
-VLR was an excellent mystery puzzle/VN game

And now there are some games released in 2016 that I have added to my wishlist:
-Gone Home
-Firewatch
-Gravity Rush Remastered
-The rereleased Odin Sphere
-Danganronpa
-FE: Conquest
-Hyrule Warriors Legends
-Nights of Azure
-Star Ocean 5
-I Am Setsuna
-Grand Kingdom

Going to be released that I'm looking forward to:
-No Man's Sky
-TRAILS OF COLD STEEL II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-World of FF
-Pokemon Moon

Lyndis Highwind
08-09-2016, 05:10 AM
It's been good gaming wise. I finished my first Mega Man game in January, and I also just recently finished my first Pokemon game a couple weeks ago. I finally finished FF VI after almost two years. My sister got a Sega Saturn, so I've been having a lot of fun with that too. My brother and I have been having a lot of fun with Mugen, although we haven't played it in awhile. But yeah, it's been a good year for me gaming wise. :)

Depression Moon
08-09-2016, 05:23 AM
I played Shantae and the Pirate's Curse this year, the awful Epic Dumpster Bear, and Dragon Quest V.

maybee
08-09-2016, 06:23 AM
Gaming ? Yeah ! Just got into the Harvest Moon series and loving it, Overwatch has been so much fun, and Fire Emblem Fates has been a blessing.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-09-2016, 04:36 PM
the awful Epic Dumpster Bear

Okay, so I had to look this up, and it sounds like it would be hilarious for about 5 minutes. The trailer is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCoRz_b2waQ

Perducci
08-11-2016, 01:15 AM
Punch Club, Stardew Valley, Far Cry Primal, the FF9 Steam Re-Release...
And I picked up No Mans Sky yesterday.
It's been a good year so far but I feel the best is yet to come.

Haven't even gotten around to picking up Fire Emblem, Star Ocean and a bunch of other games I've been wanting to play!