theres a lot but ill go with

BASCULIN USED SOAK!

the opposing Basculin became WATER TYPE! OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Skyblade
08-09-2016, 12:04 PM

BASCULIN USED SOAK!

Um, Soak changes the OPPONENT'S Type. So, unless you both had Basculin out, I think you missed what actually happened.

For me? Geodude uses Mud Sport! Now those pesky Electric moves won't cause it any trouble. You know, just in case Basculin uses Soak on it first.

Galuf
08-09-2016, 12:07 PM

BASCULIN USED SOAK!

Um, Soak changes the OPPONENT'S Type. So, unless you both had Basculin out, I think you missed what actually happened.

For me? Geodude uses Mud Sport! Now those pesky Electric moves won't cause it any trouble. You know, just in case Basculin uses Soak on it first.

ah yeah i meant that 2 basculin were out. i mean i was fighting a basculin while making this thread so i just used 2 basculin

Edit: and as soon as i post this reply... an Alomomola Soaked me...

Perducci
08-11-2016, 01:30 AM
I think a lot of these types of attacks make a lot more sense when used in double battles.

Formalhaut
08-11-2016, 01:55 AM
Oh definitely, the 'Sport' moves are sort of meant to help out your vulnerable allies. Still pretty funny seeing it in a double battle though.

Honestly, I find the most annoying moves are 'Protect/Detect'. Unless you're using it against something like a 2-stage attack, then it isn't really worth it.

Depression Moon
08-11-2016, 02:50 AM
Oh definitely, the 'Sport' moves are sort of meant to help out your vulnerable allies. Still pretty funny seeing it in a double battle though.

Honestly, I find the most annoying moves are 'Protect/Detect'. Unless you're using it against something like a 2-stage attack, then it isn't really worth it.

You haven't seen the annoyance of Toxic/Protect.

Also Protect smurfs up Hitmonlee pretty well.

Forsaken Lover
08-11-2016, 06:14 AM
The fact Pokemon can only learn four things and that stuff like Bite or Scratch are some of those things.

So you're telling me Charmander just forgets how to use his claws and teeth if I make him forget these?

Vermachtnis
08-11-2016, 06:49 AM
In Ruby/Sapphire, right beside the Weather Institute there's a guard on a bridge who won't let you pass until you go beat up his friends in said Weather Institute. The railroading in these games is all pretty silly, but that was the silliest.

Wolf Kanno
08-11-2016, 06:52 AM
The fact Pokemon can only learn four things and that stuff like Bite or Scratch are some of those things.

So you're telling me Charmander just forgets how to use his claws and teeth if I make him forget these?

Yes (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=240).