PDA

View Full Version : Can you play the piano?

Pike
08-12-2016, 05:03 PM
I started to teach myself when I was younger but I'm pretty sure I've forgotten it all :shobon:

Lyndis Highwind
08-12-2016, 05:14 PM
No, but I've always really wanted to learn.

Fynn
08-12-2016, 05:35 PM
12 years of music school. Six spent with piano as my main, then only a secondary instrument because stuff got way too hard in music high school

blackmage_nuke
08-12-2016, 06:07 PM
I could in highschool and I dabbled for a few years afterwards until one of the power cables for my keyboard broke and I couldn't be bothered fixing it. I tried again recently and found out, no, I could no longer play the piano.

Still got my a bit of guitar skill left though. And picked up some harmonica too. Semi trying to learn the ukelele but it's kind of hard still having the guitar muscle memory.

Freya
08-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Very Very Basically. We had a broken piano in my family for generations but it was so out of tune, some hammers broken, that it was hard to try to learn on. So I know a little bit but in a very basic sense.

Zanmato
08-12-2016, 07:30 PM
No, but I'd like to try because I love the gorgeous sound of piano! :D
Although I love guitar more than piano. :love:

Karifean
08-14-2016, 12:50 PM
I took lessons for 7 1/2 years. The last composition I learned to play was the Moonlight sonata, and that was my peak; ever since then I've mainly just been playing occasionally so I don't lose my touch (it'd be horrifying to me to forget how to play that piece). It's been 3 1/2 years since then. At times I teach myself how to play some OSTs or something but nothing nearly on the scale of that sonata, and I doubt I ever will again.

SammieBabe
08-17-2016, 05:19 PM
I took some very basic lessons as a child, but never really learned anything but "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star". I'd love to be able to play though.
I kinda consider it a personal failing that I don't play an instrument.

TheKeybasHKey
08-19-2016, 04:59 AM
Not really. My sister is learning though, I can play a few notes and that's it.

FFNut
08-19-2016, 07:28 AM
Yes I can. My mom is a music teacher and I was forced to learn many instruments as a child.

Big D
08-19-2016, 07:29 AM
I know where the notes are on a piano keyboard, but I can't play for the life of me. I learned clarinet for many years, but basic keyboard was just a sideline we were taught as part of high school music class. Boehm woodwind fingering basically shoved out any other musical system I tried.