PDA

View Full Version : You have power, and you are dissatisfied with the world.

Karifean
08-14-2016, 12:29 AM
Would you want to change the world? Or would you want to change yourself?

Vincent, Thunder God
08-31-2016, 01:54 AM
Since this is an interesting question - and your thread hasn't gotten any replies -

I feel I am inadequate to face the world to begin with, so I'd change myself. I think if one does have power, it would be arrogant to change the world to suit oneself.

Madame Adequate
08-31-2016, 02:12 AM
I'd change myself to have the courage and charisma to change the world, and the conviction and wisdom to do it well.

FFNut
08-31-2016, 02:25 AM
I change myself for the better. To tell others to change because you said so works against us as humans as a whole. Instead I would change myself and try and set the example without taking away people's freedom to choose.

Loony BoB
08-31-2016, 01:35 PM
I have power.

What kind of power? Are we talking genie-like magic to instantly change how things are? If so, I'm all for changing the world. If it's just power like "you are the US president" then I don't want that kind of power thanks very much.

All the things I want to change about myself I already have the power to change, but am just too lazy. Basically I don't like to exercise. I do it but I don't do it enough.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-01-2016, 04:47 AM
I’m starting with the man in the mirror
I’m asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you're dissatisfied with the world - and you have power - and you've got to make a change then cha-ange yourself

Bubba
09-06-2016, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I'd need to know what kind of power I had. That would affect my decision as to whether I changed myself or the world.

Shauna
09-06-2016, 10:39 AM
I don't know.

Galuf
09-06-2016, 11:06 AM
selfdestruct the Earth.

but nah id definatly change myself... maybe to the point im no longer the same Galuf

Pumpkin
09-06-2016, 03:48 PM
Not something I can answer. I mean, if I'm dissatisfied with the world because there's people getting raped and murdered, changing myself won't do anything good about that. If I'm dissatisfied with the world because I'm worried everyone hates me and I'll never amount to anything, then the problem is with myself and that's what I would need to change.

So both, really.

Fynn
09-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Not something I can answer. I mean, if I'm dissatisfied with the world because there's people getting raped and murdered, changing myself won't do anything good about that. If I'm dissatisfied with the world because I'm worried everyone hates me and I'll never amount to anything, then the problem is with myself and that's what I would need to change.

So both, really.

This, basically. The world isn't a bad place because I have bad self-esteem - the world is bad because there's shitty stuff happening all around that I can't stop. So I would change the world so everyone could be happier.

Iceglow
09-07-2016, 09:02 AM
Ok so in theory the power is the power of God. You can change yourself or you can change the world. The question then becomes, if I change myself, do I lose the ability to change the world? I'll be honest, there's changes needed both to me and to the world as such if it becomes a choice of "The greater good" I'm not sure if changing the world would be worth while. I mean, at the end of the day, you're making the world different, not necessarily better. As such in that situation, I feel that making changes that make me happier about myself would be more beneficial.

If the decision to change the world or yourself is not exclusive you could put me down to change both.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-08-2016, 09:27 PM
If it's just power like "you are the US president" then I don't want that kind of power thanks very much.

*10 years later*