PDA

View Full Version : Best Thing About Your Favourite FF?

Pumpkin
08-22-2016, 05:03 PM
I'm sure the reason it's your favourite is a combination of things, but what is the absolutely best thing about it in your eyes?

Galuf
08-22-2016, 05:14 PM
Ff9 I like mostly cos of its story. It is great and it was the most immersive story I ever played.

gotta say the characters and humour and villian are all good and the world

also god tier music

Forsaken Lover
08-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Well...this is a tough one, not least of all because my "Favorite FF" depends on my mood.

I guess the common factor among all of them is the story, though. World is nice, characters are nice, music is a huge help - but story is what really ties it altogether and helps a game rise from merely good to truly great.

(see: FFVII, FFXII)

Wolf Kanno
08-22-2016, 07:18 PM
Balanced Design, as I've mentioned before in other threads on this type of topic, FFs strong point tends to be being better balanced in all aspects of it's functions than other games or series. The series may not have consistently great story/characters/gameplay but they are generally consistent (until the merger at least) to have a well packaged deal with minor gripes and complaints. Usually if one thing is bad, then there is almost always two or three things that pull it out of being terrible because they are so good.

Other RPG series tend to always lack something for me, or at most, can be balanced enough to not be offensive in any way, but sadly also balanced enough to not really have anything stand out either.

FFNut
08-22-2016, 07:19 PM
It's always story. The world could be beautiful, the game may have the best controls you ever touched, but if the story stinks you will end up putting the game back to the shelf. Opposite if the world is ehh, controls are ehh, but the story is amazing you may end up playing again for the experience.

Just look at no picture books such as Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, things like that. Before the movies we read all the books, and couldn't wait for the next one to come out. Cried when the series ended as we loved the story the author told to us and wanted more. Same goes with games. Great story will always trump the rest. Just my opinion.

Vermachtnis
08-22-2016, 07:22 PM
The humor. V is like the only one not overly bogged down by needless amounts of melodrama.

FFNut
08-23-2016, 02:23 AM
The humor. V is like the only one not overly bogged down by needless amounts of melodrama.

I really should get around to V

Depression Moon
08-23-2016, 02:39 AM

IX, IV, III, I, and X-2 doesn't have this either.

Wolf Kanno
08-23-2016, 03:09 AM

I would only really agree with III and X-2. FFI is fairly humorless and grim and while FFIV has it's wacky moments, Cecil is pretty much the proto-emo main character that the likes of Terra, Cloud, Squall, Yuna, and Lightning will take their cues from. Hell most fans agree FFIV introduced the whole melodrama aspect to the series, it's just so cheesy half the time you can't help but laugh.

Forsaken Lover
08-23-2016, 03:20 AM
Ain't nothing wrong with melodrama.

Depression Moon
08-23-2016, 03:33 AM

I would only really agree with III and X-2. FFI is fairly humorless and grim and while FFIV has it's wacky moments, Cecil is pretty much the proto-emo main character that the likes of Terra, Cloud, Squall, Yuna, and Lightning will take their cues from. Hell most fans agree FFIV introduced the whole melodrama aspect to the series, it's just so cheesy half the time you can't help but laugh.

It's not needless though.

Madame Adequate
08-23-2016, 05:09 AM
Lulu's breasts.

Lyndis Highwind
08-23-2016, 06:11 AM
My favorite thing about FF VIII is the characters. The emotional journey you went on with them made them all endearing in their own way.

Carl the Llama
08-23-2016, 10:30 AM
Gameplay for me, VII is my favourite and I can't help but cheer every time my materia levels up, or I unlock a new limit break, its pleasing to see my hard work pay off when I unleash Great Gospel on an unsuspecting Demons Gate.

Plus Reno is a total badass.

Loony BoB
08-23-2016, 05:25 PM
I picked "I dunno" because I can't really pinpoint exactly what it is, but I think it's a collective thing. I tend to like worlds a lot, and characters a lot, so those two things are arguably most important to me, but then I know other games where the world and characters were great but other areas just let it down. So it's a package thing for me. Perhaps a "how bad does any one part get?" situation. If every feature is a minimum of 7/10 then I like it more than something that might have more 10/10 features but also has a couple of 2/10 features. Does that makes sense?

Shiva95
08-24-2016, 01:06 PM
I love everything in FFVI, but the most important thing is always the story for me, and that's what I prefer of it.