PDA

View Full Version : Only One Game

Lyndis Highwind
08-17-2016, 03:45 AM
If you could only play one game for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

I think mine would either be Fire Emblem 7 or Final Fantasy VIII, because I find those two games to be very re playable, and they're also two of my favorite games of all time.

Rez09
08-17-2016, 05:48 AM
Probably Minecraft; Mods keep the experience fresh and I can always find something to do in the game. :)

Pike
08-17-2016, 10:15 AM
Depends, are you connected to the internet?

If yes, then probably World of Warcraft. New expansions and updates would at least keep it fresh.

If not, it becomes trickier. I'm tempted to say a big RPG like Morrowind or Dragon Age Origins but I might go with something more sandboxy, like SimCity 4 or a grand strategy game.

Madame Adequate
08-17-2016, 05:01 PM
Dwarf Fortress. Either that or a roguelike that would take a decade to master anyway like Cataclysm DDA or ADOM or something. Or I'd go with a grand strategy game or a management building game same as Pike. Probably Europa Universalis IV or SimCity 4.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-17-2016, 05:18 PM
Only one game with friends, or alone?

With friends, something like King of Fighters, Street Fighter, or Tekken.

If I'm alone, that's harder to say. Maybe a driving game (Gran Turismo/Forza), 2D shooter (R-Type), or really solid platformer (Donkey Kong Country). Sandbox games are an obvious choice, so maybe one of those.

Fox
08-17-2016, 05:50 PM
If I can remove Endermen - Minecraft. If not, probably Rimworld or something like that. Much as I'd love to have a Final Fantasy for ever and ever, something where you can be creative and constantly set larger and larger goals... they're the only games that could have that kind of longevity.

FFNut
08-17-2016, 06:12 PM
I'd might do a sims game. So many ways to destroy the world around you.

escobert
08-18-2016, 10:59 PM
Magic: The Gathering :D

Spuuky
08-19-2016, 05:07 PM
MTG or Dota, probably the former.

Formalhaut
08-19-2016, 05:44 PM
I'd might do a sims game. So many ways to destroy the world around you.

Sims is actually a very good shout. You can play that game with so many different characters and stories. it has longevity.

Christmas
09-27-2022, 01:39 PM
Any game that supports a lot of mods and the community is very active like GTA & Skyrim.

Actually the games I am playing are mostly from a decade ago. :(

Wolf Kanno
09-27-2022, 05:24 PM
Either Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, or Metal Gear Solid 3.

cheesesteak
09-30-2022, 06:46 AM
I'm kinda addicted to Session: Skate Sim and could easily just play it forever lol.

But okay, if I had to really think about it, I don't think I'd pick a game that is just a single-player "story" game. Even if it has high replayability like a WRPG, soulslikes, etc.

I'd likely pick a fighting game or Diablo 2 LoD/R. The thing about the fighting game choice is that it risks player population decrease. Hmm... I'll just say Session: Skate Sim for now lol.