PDA

View Full Version : The Country or the City

Lyndis Highwind
08-21-2016, 08:35 PM
Do you prefer living in the country or the city?

I was born and raised in the country, and I hope I'll always be able to stay there.

escobert
08-21-2016, 08:44 PM
Country. I don't even really enjoy visiting the city.

Formalhaut
08-21-2016, 08:47 PM
Both? They have their qualities and shortcomings. The best thing is to live near both.

FFNut
08-21-2016, 08:54 PM
Country. Grew up in the mountains playing with nature and loved every second of it.

Freya
08-21-2016, 09:55 PM
i like being close enough for highspeed internet and easily can get to food but far enough that it's not constant traffic and noise.

Crop
08-21-2016, 10:04 PM
The city all the way. A good city holds every opportunity to do anything you want at any time. Can't beat that!

Pumpkin
09-03-2016, 06:01 AM
Suburbs

Yes, I'm that person

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-03-2016, 06:09 AM
I've lived in both and I like both for different reasons.

My current living situation is ideal. I'm far enough from town that I have no neighbors, yet I live close enough to town that my wifi is still legit and all food and entertainment is 15 minutes away.

DMKA
09-03-2016, 05:24 PM
City boy for life here. I lived in the country for seven long grueling years and hated every last day of it.

Right now I live in a suburb that lets me enjoy all the peace and quiet of a rural environment but I'm within a ten minute drive of everything the convenience of city living offers. It's heaven.

noxious.sunshine
09-04-2016, 06:41 PM
I like it somewhere in the middle- far enough out that I can have a good sized back yard, woods, creeks, moderate privacy, etc., but still accessible to a big city's downtown area. Like Murfreesboro or Christiana or Nolensville, TN (downtown Nashville is just 45 min away from each of those depening on stuff) or kinda sorta where we live here in the Rockaways.

I grew up in a tiny town, but moved to Nashville for high school and including my hometown (s) & state, I've lived in 4 different states, 3 tiny towns, 3 big cities, a moderately sized college town (Murfreesboro), and a moderately sized "Army town" (Clarksville, where a good chunk of Ft. Campbell is situated).

I liked Clarksville and Murfreesboro the best, I think.

Mirage
09-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Living out in the country sucks. City or at least suburbs 4 life.

fire_of_avalon
09-06-2016, 03:55 AM
I'm going to go so far back in the woods that people will get lost trying to come over for supper.

Loony BoB
09-08-2016, 07:09 PM
City, because I like convenience. I do like the time I spend in the country, though. It's refreshing.

Del Murder
09-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Suburbs

Yes, I'm that person
As am I! A suburban location outside a major city gives you the best of both worlds.

Fynn
09-08-2016, 07:56 PM
City. All the possibilities. Just a walk away from all the restaurants, theaters, shops, and all kinds of interesting places with lots of people. Though I wish I had enough money in the future to get myself a nice country house as a getaway for vacations and such. A man can dream.

But in general, the country mentality in this country is just so much at odds with my personal lifestyle, views on life, etc. I much prefer the open-mindedness of the city folk and the general anonymity that you have.

Iceglow
09-08-2016, 10:59 PM
I grew up in the city but I would much rather live in a small town or rural area. When I visited Norway, we stayed in Borgan which is up in Vikna (Where Rorvik is, there's lots of little islands Borgan is one such) literally there was no shops on the island and I loved it.