PDA

View Full Version : Darkest FF?

Galuf
08-24-2016, 10:40 PM
what FF is the darkest in the series?

im tying between FF IX FFII FFX or Type-0

FF II: because its got a hopeless atmosphere to start, and even for as little you know them, you care about them dying just so the empire must fall.

FF IX: Because your flung into a world where people are isolated into cities so the Mistspawnd dont get them. and then things are worse when Lies Greed and power take over Brahne... A lot die because of her.. and Kuja.

FFX: Because the people are in a hopeless and sad cycle of death and destruction.

FF TYPE-0: Because everyone is in war, including Younglings. people die and then eventually aliens come and fuck up everything.

Forsaken Lover
08-24-2016, 11:36 PM
Final Fantasy X. The entire game literally revolves around death and hopelessness.

Galuf
08-24-2016, 11:41 PM
Final Fantasy X. The entire game literally revolves around death and hopelessness.

i would say that game makes me saddest, but thats only cos of Irl stuff

Wolf Kanno
08-25-2016, 09:47 AM
II, VI, VII, IX, and Tactics. From what I've played of Type-0, I would probably add that in there as well.

Fynn
08-25-2016, 09:50 AM
Tactics definitely wins this, agreed.

Forsaken Lover
08-25-2016, 03:13 PM
II, VI, VII, IX, and Tactics. From what I've played of Type-0, I would probably add that in there as well.

IX is not a dark game. It is ridiculously idealistic and cheery.

Fynn
08-25-2016, 03:16 PM
It is actually much more about death than X. It's not "Ah, a big thing kills everything!" It's more about "I'm on a timer, I WILL die. Even if I win against the bad guy and save the game I will die someday and I have to learn to cope with that fact."

Idk, but to me stories where you, through a character, are made to confront your own mortality (like FFIX and P3) are fundamentally much darker than just having to deal with mass-scale destruction. One is just much more grounded in our everyday lives, which makes it hit closer to home.

Shiva95
08-26-2016, 12:49 PM
I'm torn between FFVI and FFX. FFVI because every important character has a tragic past, and it's their main reason to stop the Empire. And FFX because its story is a lot about death, and is very tragic too.