PDA

View Full Version : Favorite RPG musical "main theme"?

Fynn
08-25-2016, 03:50 PM
So most RPGs that place even the tiny bit of emphasis on their music tend to have a "main theme". It doesn't need to be called that, nor does it even need to recurr a lot - but the game has a theme that is the very essence of what the game stands for and what feelings it evokes.

What RPG main themes do you think best illustrate what the game in question is about?

For me, there's a lot of those, but I'm gonna go with a relatively fresh example from my head. Final Fantasy usually handle main themes incredibly well, but this one standout piece may just be the single best illustration of the theme of the game in question.

2OqigCz2S1w

It's also nice that elements of the theme appear in a number of other tracks in the game, really adding extra power to all those incredibly emotional moments. Definitely a modern classic.

Shauna
08-25-2016, 03:57 PM
I thought this thread was "Favourite RPG musical" and I was curious about what other options there were aside from Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure.

I'm not even sure if I'm disappointed.

Fynn
08-25-2016, 04:05 PM
Sorry to maybe disappoint?

Pike
08-25-2016, 04:27 PM
Nerevar Rising from Morrowind

it was so good that it turned into the theme for the series as a whole

Wolf Kanno
09-05-2016, 07:52 AM
KHhpFGmmUMU

Great theme, starts with a really good piano chord followed by creepy choral pieces and some percussion and guitar before the synthesizer kicks in to give it a real nice 80s sci-fi beat which sets well with a game that deals with some creepy shit set in a setting inspired by 80s cyber punk. Though if I am going to be fair, the series as a whole has always had great main themes.

The new entry has a pretty great central theme as well.

oV22c7LMGZQ

Vermachtnis
09-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Cyber Slueth 0:42 is where it really get's going.

i9ETluhpxEI

Pumpkin
09-06-2016, 03:11 PM
Chrono Trigger probably