PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix Reveals Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia

Depression Moon
08-27-2016, 12:59 PM

On the most recent Dissidia stream, Square Enix revealed a new title for the Final Fantasy series, Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia. This title is a spinoff of a spinoff, departing from the fighting game aspect of the Dissidia Final Fantasy series with turn-based RPG action. The UI and battle animations are in the style of the Dissidia fighting games, making them just a bit too garish and flashy for me. The game includes characters never before seen in the Dissidia series like XIII's Sazh,VIII's Seifer, Fujin, and Raijin, and Type-0's Rem Tokimiya. Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia will be coming to iOS and Android sometime this year in Japan only. You can check out the reveal trailer below and the game's website here (http://www.jp.square-enix.com/DFFOO/).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYzPnCiJDuE

Fynn
08-27-2016, 01:05 PM
A mobile, turn-based Dissidia? Color me intrigued!

Oh look, Rem is in this!

Formalhaut
08-27-2016, 01:13 PM
A spin-off of a spin-off? You almost couldn't make it up!

Depression Moon
08-27-2016, 01:30 PM
It bothers me how Zidane's tail has an arch in that vid. It should be like XIV's main character's. The mouths don't move when they talk either.

Big D
08-27-2016, 03:36 PM
I... kinda hate it already? That almost-chibi, super-deformed look really doesn't appeal, especially on such crude, low-polygon models. But since it's a smartphone game, and isn't slated for release outside Japan at this stage, it's not likely I'll ever cross paths with it.

Wolf Kanno
08-27-2016, 07:52 PM
So a fighting game spin-off of a turn based RPG series is itself getting a turn-based spin-off? Oh Squenix. Frankly I just want to play it because my two favorite characters from FFIX are confirmed to be in it.

TheKeybasHKey
08-27-2016, 09:47 PM
I love Dissidia and the only who likes it so far? Really my only issue is the animations.

Formalhaut
08-27-2016, 10:18 PM
I'm actually not against it in principle, I just find it tiring that it's yet another mobile game.

Depression Moon
08-28-2016, 12:07 AM
I love Dissidia and the only who likes it so far? Really my only issue is the animations.

I think it looks straight. Cool to see Steiner in it. I hope he's playable. I wonder who's in the XI silhouette. It can't be Shantotto, otherwise they'd just show her.