PDA

View Full Version : Critical Errors in Video Games: The Official Thread

Zanmato
08-29-2016, 07:42 PM
If you've encountered any error which made you unable to complete the game, tell about it here - warn your fellow players!

I've encountered this kind of error while playing Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. If you'll die during solving the puzzle in The Hall of Learning (69% of the game), Farah won't activate the switch required to complete this level, thus making you unable to complete the game as well.

Spuuky
08-29-2016, 08:55 PM
I haven't, but my brother ran into an issue with Oblivion: GotY for the Playstation that resulted in him being unable to proceed. To fix it we had to go rent the non-GotY edition, import the save there, move past some critical step, and the re-import the save back into his version. It would have been a showstopper if that hadn't been an option.

Zanmato
08-29-2016, 09:07 PM
I haven't, but my brother ran into an issue with Oblivion: GotY for the Playstation that resulted in him being unable to proceed. To fix it we had to go rent the non-GotY edition, import the save there, move past some critical step, and the re-import the save back into his version. It would have been a showstopper if that hadn't been an option.
Critical errors in RPGs are the most painful thing - wasting 50 hours is worse than wasting 5 hours. :stare:
I'm glad that you've solved this problem! :thumbsup:

FFNut
08-29-2016, 09:08 PM
Dragon Age Origins I glitches on a quest in the alienage that had me stuck in a building. If I didn't have a backup save it would have been bad.

Zanmato
08-29-2016, 09:12 PM
Dragon Age Origins I glitches on a quest in the alienage that had me stuck in a building. If I didn't have a backup save it would have been bad.
That's what I'm talking about! Critical errors in RPGs, as I've said before, are the most painful ones! :G
I usually don't make backup saves and The Sands of Time punished me for this. :lol:

Freya
08-30-2016, 04:26 AM
Ugh DA:O had a few on 360.

Glitched during the redcliff zombie thing. Autosaved (i was stupid and didn't have my own save file outside of autosave) and wouldn't finish the event so I was stuck, unable to leave cause it still thought there were mobs coming.

If you died on the Archdemon and started from the autosave continue thing, you can't actually beat him. You'll get him down to the cinematic to beat him and it just freezes.

Old Manus
08-30-2016, 10:32 AM
On Star Wars Battlefront 1 if you managed to keep a game going for something like half an hour to 45 minutes, the game would freeze and you'd have to reset.

FFNut
08-30-2016, 01:46 PM
Skyrim had that thing too where if you spent to much time on it it would start to slow down and just stop working. Turned into a game with just chop animation.

Pumpkin
08-30-2016, 02:46 PM
Legend of Dragoon has a big one where boss fights are harder than they should be :stare:

Seriously though, dun play it on the PS2, it'll strop working at a certain point. I have a backup PS1 I can use, so it's not a big deal, but it could be for someone who doesn't have that backup. I think Suikoden II and Xenogears have similar issues iirc

FFNut
08-30-2016, 08:02 PM
Jet ran into one in my let's play game Secret of Evermore where it is possible to use up all your amulet of Annihilation's without buying a ticket which is needed to progress the story. I stocked up ahead of time so I was fine, but it is a possibility.

Elly
08-31-2016, 03:44 PM
back in the PSX era i was playing FFVII i think it was, but i ran into one of those game breaking bugs that corrupted my save file... it taught me one of the most important lessons as a gamer, never have any less than 3 save files, going back 2-5 hours is way better than having to start all over again when you're 30+ hours in...