PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite household Chore

FFNut
08-29-2016, 11:16 PM
Like the name suggests, what do you end up putting off at home as long as possible simply because you hate doing it.

For me I hate dishes. I love to cook for others, but hate the clean up at the end. Being the youngest sibling dishes was always tossed on me as a kid, and hated it.

How about you EOFF?

Formalhaut
08-29-2016, 11:19 PM
I don't mind doing dishes but really dirty pots and pans are pretty gross, especially if there's a lot of food left, stuck on. I try to avoid them or get Mr. Carny to do those ones.

Otherwise? I don't mind other chores. Cleaning the house can be very fun but I do need to be in the mood for it.

escobert
08-29-2016, 11:26 PM
I don't mind the dishes as long as the sink isn't full of food and old cold slimy water. I just listen to the radio and do them. I hate vacuuming though. I just hate the the noise so much.

Lyndis Highwind
08-29-2016, 11:29 PM
I actually like doing the dishes. I find a lot of satisfaction in cleaning up a mess.

Sweeping would probably be my least favorite. There's a lot of area that needs to be swept at my house, so it always takes a long time.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-30-2016, 12:16 AM
I can do everything around the house with relative ease. Though I tend to only do things with a pair of headphones on. If I can listen to a podcast while I load the dishwasher time goes by faster.

The only thing that's kind of a pain is changing bedsheets because my bed is pushed against a wall. I either have to pull the mattress out or lay awkwardly across my bed in an attempt to wrap the sheet around the farthest corner.

SammieBabe
08-30-2016, 01:26 PM
Dishes. I loathe washing dishes by hand. I will do all the laundry in the house, if I don't have to wash dishes.

Psychotic
08-30-2016, 02:04 PM
I don't mind dishes at all! Ironing on the other hand is the fucking worst thing ever and I hate it.

FFNut
08-30-2016, 02:11 PM
I don't mind dishes at all! Ironing on the other hand is the smurfing worst thing ever and I hate it.

I do the dryer for 10 mins on high heat than hang up right away trick. Works well.

Pumpkin
08-30-2016, 03:05 PM
Putting stuff away, for some reason. I don't mind doing dishes but I hate putting the dishes away and if the dish dryer is full, it makes me dread washing the dishes because I have to put the other dishes away.

Same with laundry. No problem doing it, hate folding it and putting it away.

maybee
08-31-2016, 01:35 PM
Doing the dishes. All that food bits going everywhere in the waters is just, ugh, no thank you.

http://replygif.net/thumbnail/1450.gif

fire_of_avalon
09-06-2016, 04:01 AM
Also hate washing dishes.

Love organizing and putting things away.

Love scrubbing the hell out of things.

Hate to clean the bathtub because I can't reach all the corners from the outside so I have to stand inside and then I stood in my previously cleaned spot on accident argh.

Dislike cleaning out the fridge.

Bubba
09-06-2016, 02:08 PM
I don't mind dishes at all! Ironing on the other hand is the smurfing worst thing ever and I hate it.

Yup. This.

The only thing I will ever iron is a shirt if I'm going somewhere nice. Also, people who iron things like bedsheets and socks are the craziest people on the smurfing planet.

Also, if you're doing the dishes and you have bits of food in the water then you're doing it wrong. Any leftover food bits on plates/pans/cutlery should be scraped into the bin. Any person who puts their plate into the sink with food still on them should be shot.

starlet
09-08-2016, 02:38 AM
[QUOTE=Psychotic;3631950]people who iron things like bedsheets and socks

WTF....WAT....who actually does this?!?

Night Fury
09-08-2016, 02:40 AM
I hate doing the dishes because it feels tedious. But I love doing laundry because mmmmm warm clean clothes that smell fresh and then I get to fold them all.

Freya
09-08-2016, 03:28 AM
Dishes and Laundry. I don't care about taking out trash or vacuuming or whatever but dishes are the worst second only by laundry.

FFNut
09-08-2016, 03:45 AM
I don't mind washing my sheets as I like the feeling of sleeping in clean sheets. But second hated chore for me is scrubbing the bathtub. I spray and wipe it after every shower before I get out, and it still feels like every time I clean the bathroom it needs scrubbing harder then everything else. I clean it at least once a day, then on the bathroom cleaning day it gets,done twice and it still feels like it needs elbow grease and sweat.

Galuf
09-08-2016, 03:19 PM
leaving my bedroom

Loony BoB
09-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Dishes. Hate them.

Shauna
09-08-2016, 06:15 PM
All of them, I think.

Iceglow
09-09-2016, 12:51 AM
I think the least favourite chore I have is being Pawl's friend ;)

blackmage_nuke
09-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Hate to clean the bathtub because I can't reach all the corners from the outside so I have to stand inside and then I stood in my previously cleaned spot on accident argh.

Why not clean the corners first?

I also dislike cleaning dishes mostly because I don't know how clean is clean, especially if it was something like a cutting board where I was preparing meat

Shiny
09-09-2016, 04:08 PM
I loathe washing dishes so much I almost went with a smaller apartment but that was more money just because it had a dish washer.

Sephex
09-13-2016, 01:49 AM
Cleaning in general pisses me off. It's my fault and it has to be done, but I value my free time and when I get home from work or have off time the last thing I want to do is do more work! When I know I'll have company over I'll make sure all areas I know they'll go to are nice and tidy or at least presentable. I don't know, I'm a lazy fuck. Fuck it, man.

Vasher
09-29-2016, 12:41 PM
I've got a maid, a gardener, a pool man, but I have yet to locate a professional diaper changer/disposer. I have to get "down and dirty" sometimes to relieve the wife, and it is so much more awful than I remember with our first. That, and I have only changed my daughter a handful of times. I have "Hairy and the Henderson's" Sasquatch hands. My daughter is just a peanut. I fear that I'm going to impose irreparable damage upon her. I don't want to be responsible for (ahem)... or worse. Mommy is itty bitty, she's got the proper qualifications for the task. Better left to the "pro's". (I do change our 2 year old on occasion, gah!)

Bubba
09-29-2016, 03:21 PM
I have to get "down and dirty" sometimes to relieve the wife

:jokey:

TheKeybasHKey
09-30-2016, 01:01 AM
Pretty much everything.

ttokkii
10-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Dishes. I don't even know why exactly. I don't mind any other chore. Just damn dishes..

theundeadhero
10-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Does paying the rent count as a chore?

jenovajunkie
11-09-2016, 05:10 AM
Washing DISHES.

Mirage
11-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Dishes, probably. Cleaning things in general

jenovajunkie
11-09-2016, 07:53 PM
You know everyone says to buy a dish washer but I don't know, I kind of like the feel of water. And I mean it's not like it's a ton of dishes, I mean it's only me. But I am considering it because I have this hand tremor and not as great motor skills, and I have the money; it's just I'd rather do the dishes even though I hate it.

Rocket Edge
11-09-2016, 10:28 PM
Emptying the dishwasher.

jenovajunkie
11-09-2016, 10:48 PM
Never heard that one before, lol.

Mirage
11-10-2016, 12:32 AM
You know everyone says to buy a dish washer but I don't know, I kind of like the feel of water. And I mean it's not like it's a ton of dishes, I mean it's only me. But I am considering it because I have this hand tremor and not as great motor skills, and I have the money; it's just I'd rather do the dishes even though I hate it.

i have a dishwasher but not everything is practical to put in there. like my frying pan for example, or some of the delicate glassware that would probably get chipped.

also you can get the feel of water like 10 other places in your house

jenovajunkie
11-10-2016, 03:12 AM
Yeah but washing the dishes is different from just having a machine do it, to me. If I had kids I would make them help washing the dishes because it reenforces a lot of things like discipline, patience, routine and probably a whole other set of variables.

LovelessFirefly6
11-19-2016, 05:11 AM
I hate mopping the floor, because I can't move around my house for a while since the floor is wet. Plus, my rabbit always sheds hair everywhere so I actually have to put her (she has free roam of the house, everything is bunny proof) and the dog away so they don't get hair on the wet floor, or the chemicals on their paws. The dog will whine and the rabbit will bang on her cage walls. My entire house is hardwood so its a huge pain in the butt.

krissy
11-19-2016, 05:30 AM
i agree with jj i love washing dishes its so zen

i mean if the stream isn't too strong and doesn't splash you

personally my least fave chore is laundry folding

and browsing eoff

jenovajunkie
11-19-2016, 07:58 AM
Lol Krissy I don't LOVE washing dishes. Really I don't I love doing any chores that are tedious, but then again somethings I'd rather have it done by hand than by machine. It takes away the human aspect of it. I've come to think that maybe I should just move to a farm. But I am built for a city.