PDA

View Full Version : Time Skip

Forsaken Lover
09-03-2016, 12:31 PM
So apparently FFXV will take place over the course of ten years in which we will actually see the characters grow up and age and stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/B51AMbX.gif

Fynn
09-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Not really. When you take a look at the intro of the 50 minute demo, only Noctis is aged up - the rest of the guys look the same as before. I assume it's most likely the protective magic that makes Noctis age, just as it aged up Regis.

Fox
09-03-2016, 02:57 PM
Yeah I mean I know ten years passes at some point, but that is a heck of a difference for 10 years. Looks more like 20.

I think it's potentially pretty cool though. Have any other FF games done a big time skip like that? I think VI skipped a couple of years, but I can't think of much beyond that. I'm excited at the prospect of seeing the characters and the world change with time.

Jinx
09-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Japanese game developers apparently have no concept of white people aging. Unless Noctis is a heroin addict or something. x)

DMKA
09-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Yeah I'm still having a hard time believing that's actually "older Noctis". It looks like a completely different character. His skin color, nose shape, eye color, eye shape, chin shape, collar bone, hair color, and how his hair grows, are all completely different. I mean you can say that those things do change somewhat on people as they age, but not THAT much.

Fynn
09-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Well, it's pretty much confirmed if you take a look at that 50-minute gameplay footage. It's right there in the opening scene, where we get a flashforward with older Noctis.

Jinx
09-03-2016, 05:35 PM
Yeah I'm still having a hard time believing that's actually "older Noctis". It looks like a completely different character. His skin color, nose shape, eye color, eye shape, chin shape, collar bone, hair color, and how his hair grows, are all completely different. I mean you can say that those things do change somewhat on people as they age, but not THAT much.

I was thinking the same thing. If that's really meant to be an older Noctis, they did a shitty job. The nose, especially. I'll give the eyes a pass because they might have changed color due to magic being used or something.

Fox
09-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Japanese game developers apparently have no concept of white people aging. Unless Noctis is a heroin addict or something. x)

Wouldn't surprise me. He doesn't actually have magic powers it's all just a drug fueled delusion

Slothy
09-04-2016, 01:43 AM

Wouldn't surprise me. He doesn't actually have magic powers it's all just a drug fueled delusion

Nah, heroin wouldn't do that to a person. Now LSD or shrooms or something? I could see a final fantasy being someone's bad trip.

FFNut
09-04-2016, 01:58 AM
I am guessing there is cosmetic surgery in this FF and after he gets famous, he goes through a phase that botches features and changes skin pigment. That has to be the only explanation.

krissy
09-04-2016, 04:02 AM
if you watch the movie you can see the magic powers that regis gives is guard/people drain him so i assume he gets older quicker because of that

im gonna assume that if this is true, the same happens to noctis cause im sure he uses up a lot of his powers at some point/for the use of the squad

Noctis Caelum
09-04-2016, 07:41 AM
I am guessing there is cosmetic surgery in this FF and after he gets famous, he goes through a phase that botches features and changes skin pigment. That has to be the only explanation.
Or maybe he has to rest for ten years in order to put the necessary amount of magic into the ring that formally belonged to his father?

No, surely not. That would make sense. We can't have that. Never mind.

Either way, why would Ifrit be the final boss? Something isn't adding up, and it's intriguing to me that the only thing people question is the reasoning behind Noctis' age difference; which to me is extremely obvious.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-04-2016, 04:30 PM
As mentioned before the ring will age the user, that's the price of the magic. So while it has only been ten years, Noctis is aging faster because of that. I mean Regis is in his late 40s-early 50s and is shown walking with a cane not to mention looks older than his age.

Fynn
09-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Btw, regarding the argument that SE employees don't understand how Western faces work - Roberto Ferrari (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Roberto_Ferrari) is one recent staff member that has been involved in recent projects specifically to make Nomura's designs look more Western when rendered in 3D. He's heavily involved in XV, and I'm pretty sure he designed the character of Ardyn Izunia himself. So yeah, they know stuff looked weird, so at least they're working on it now :p