PDA

View Full Version : Darkest story?

Galuf
09-07-2016, 10:50 AM
this isnt your regular Galuf thread.

this is me asking if anyone else thinks that below the happy music and art. is a dark story.
apperently theres an organization who looks after pokemon.
but i think maybe some moral shit will go down.
im no saying super dark. but dark for pokemon.

Fynn
09-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Well, one game has an organization that kidnaps a child, brainwashed them to think they're the chosen one and develop an incredible amount of empathy towards Pokemon so that ultimately they'll be able to manipulate everyone else into freeing them for world domination. All the while essentially denying them real world experience in order for them to fulfil that agenda.

So yeah. Pokemon has child abuse as a major plot point.

FFNut
09-07-2016, 01:10 PM
I have always found Pokemon to be extremely dark. I always saw it as a let's go catch the wildlife in every area, and then pit them against each other in combat. Also let's use them as slave type creatures for all our needs such as digging holes or slave mining.

Think about it. You capture an animal, you take it to a gym to challenge the champion, where you put it against the champion Pokemon. Imagine if they used dogs instead of fictional beasts.

That being said I played a the 3rd gen before and enjoyed the game as it was just a game.

Christmas
03-30-2022, 06:59 AM
Actually games that work with Mods can be pretty dark. I massarced my whole Sim's city populace with mod and dun even get me started on the atrocities I did in Skyrim. :bigsmile:

Galuf
05-19-2022, 11:24 AM
legit don't even remember what this topic was referring to. if it was sun and moon then I can tell you it was not that "dark".

Wolf Kanno
05-19-2022, 11:36 PM
I can't say for sure about Pokemon, I've never finished an entry past the first gen, but I do know a lot of dark games. :shifty:

Galuf
05-20-2022, 12:18 AM
I can't say for sure about Pokemon, I've never finished an entry past the first gen, but I do know a lot of dark games. :shifty:
One cannot post a message such as this, without also providing EXTREMELY detailed examples. I want to see what the darkest game you know of, not literally dark though xD