PDA

View Full Version : Best Villian theme

Galuf
09-07-2016, 05:10 PM
2 things i want to say

1: if i get villains and antagonist mixed up. sorry.

2: this isnt as simple as "what do you like best" this is more "what do you think fits the a villain, or the villain in question"

Jarvio
09-07-2016, 05:57 PM
I've only played 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 13. So i checked those out.

7 and 8 are by far the strongest. But I went for 7, just because Sephiroth was more significant than Ultimecia. Plus 8's was used for Edea, who didn't even turn out bad.

9's is ok but nothing special. I don't like 13's, but it does improve when the choir comes in.

6 is far too dated sounding for me to appreciate, and 10's is unlistenable.

Fynn
09-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Exdeath has those dramatic violins tho

Galuf
09-07-2016, 06:05 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W8JQsvG3xzc

Edit:this post screwed up bad.

Wolf Kanno
09-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Most of them are really good and some of my favorite themes, but I'm giving a shout out to Kefka cause his theme is more unique from the rest which are all trying to do their best to emulate Bach's Toccatta and Fugue in D Minor and Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain. Kefka's theme actually starts off a bit whimsical before finally dropping into a more sinister military march, so it has always stood out to me more than the other villain themes.

maybee
09-08-2016, 08:18 PM
Voted for Kuja's because it's awesome and sounds like We Will Rock You, which just doubles up the awesome. :jess:

Exdeath has those dramatic violins tho

ExDeath's theme gives me the Psycho movie, shower scene vibe.

Imagine you are in the shower, busy cleaning your bits, and the curtains open and - BHAM

Ex-Death.

Shiva95
09-09-2016, 12:51 PM
Kefka. His theme is very unique!

Forsaken Lover
09-20-2016, 09:33 PM
lHWrP3spLJI

It is a song of both woe and wrath; singing a tale of the valiant knight who was consumed by despair at the futility of his unending mission.

"Those Chosen By The Planet" accurately fits Sephiroth after he has lost his mind but it displays nothing of the tragedy of him losing his mind or the good person he once was. Kuja's theme is elegant and appropriately theatrically evil but it still only covers that evil side of him.

Caius' Theme alone has a multifaceted nature to correspond with its multifaceted villain.

Sephiroth
09-20-2016, 11:56 PM
It is too bad that Sephiroth and Kuja's themes and their different little parts in other themes of them are not really original as they can be heavily heard in Final Fantasy V already. However I guess when it comes to the same composer I cannot expect purely original stuff. Still it is very obvious of course.

Nevertheless Sephiroth always had this overwhelming theme reflecting that there was nothing that could compete to him (except when Cloud does in his DBZ-anime cliché-Captain Planet moments, lol). The transition between Shinra Villa and Those Chosen by the Planet the moment he decides to do "a thing" is great to underline "oh no that's bad" and the theme itself is one of those villain themes that manages to express that something important is going on with someone that might wipe the floor with you. It is very similiar to Caius, while Caius' tragedy is better reflected through his theme.

Succession of Witches is one of the few things that make Ultimecia somewhat memorable to me. It is very good for expressing that influential part of Ultimecia and together with that gives brings some eerie vibe with it.

Kefka's Theme is a classic. It is very obvious in telling you that there is some guys that takes no one in the world serious and makes everything his very own plaything.

Caius for his tragedy, of course.

X-Death is very hard for me to explain with anything that I have not mentioned before. It really is just another powerful "you cannot do anythin against this power" theme just now with a Warlock that was so unbeatable that he ahd to be sealed away for 30 years.

Kuja leaving Burmecia is my favourite ingame interpretation of his theme. Not his exact main theme unfortunately. One of my all-time favourites.