PDA

View Full Version : How do you like to start your day?

Pumpkin
09-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Are you a get right out of bed and be productive kind of person? Do you like to stay in bed and stare at the ceiling for a bit? Do you start it with Folgers in your cup?

What's the best way for you to start your morning if you don't have to rush out for work or something?

Night Fury
09-08-2016, 05:53 PM
I play on my phone for a bit, get up, do some stretches, have a coffee, and then shower!

The rest of the day is downhill and I end up being a slug on the couch!

Fynn
09-08-2016, 05:57 PM
I always get up straight away and make breakfast

Freya
09-08-2016, 06:01 PM
BEST way is to wake up to my own rhythm. Get some coffee, check the phone, chill in the quiet of the morning.

What normally happens is the alarm goes off too soon I hit the snooze, catts swarm me cause "oh she must be awake" I can't sleep in that snooze very well. Get overly tired. Scramble to get clothes on, swallow some breakfast super quickly and try to get to work on time.

Pike
09-08-2016, 06:27 PM
If it's a work day I jump out of bed and shove a granola bar down my throat while getting dressed and then walk out the door.

If it's a day off (what are those? I've forgotten) I lay in bed for a bit but then go play video games.

Loony BoB
09-08-2016, 06:43 PM
I like to start my day with some good ol' fashioned morning sex, getting out of bed feeling great, checking up on all the messages my friends and family have left me, sharing a good laugh at something clever, opening the windows wide to a hot sun and gentle breeze and hearing the warbling of a Tui. My cat will nuzzle up to my leg so I'll feed her. The day has only just begun and quite frankly I feel fantastic. The smell of bacon will wift in from 5e neighbours place - thankfully they always make too much! They invite me over because we're solid pals and we'd all kick back in whatever the crap we feel like wearing and while there will be the odd silence as we tuck in, it'll never be awkward. Everything is cool when you're part of a team, etc.

So I don't often wake up the way I'd like to wake up but hey it's nice to think about all the same.

FFNut
09-08-2016, 07:08 PM
I wake up, make a cup of coffee. When that is done in summer I sit on the back deck and go through the usual social media mess. Facebook, EOFF, Twitter, e-mail while enjoying coffee. If it's a day off, I make a second cup and sit with a book for a little bit outside. If it's a work morning I hit the shower, and make a cup of coffee for the road.

Iceglow
09-08-2016, 10:50 PM
Without a doubt, I have to get right in the shower. A nice shower wakes me right up and sets me up for the day. I can face the world without breakfast or tea so long as I've gotten ready.

If you want me actually happy, you had better let me listen to some music in the morning. I don't do well without the radio or music on the way to work.

Shiny
09-09-2016, 04:07 PM
I like to start my day with a good ole fashioned murder, followed by plotting the deaths of infidels, and then having a nice cup of tea.

Shauna
09-09-2016, 04:37 PM
Waking up, usually.

Formalhaut
09-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Ugh, this is a classic case of expectations vs reality. I'd really like to wake up how they do in the movies, as in, fully awake to greet the day. It'll involve breakfast of some kind, a nice glass of fruit juice, catching up on any EoFF/Facebook/News stuff on the internet, and then going about my day.

In reality, I'm a bitch to wake up, so I sluggishly get out of bed, do nothing for about 10 minutes until I'm awake enough to have a thought in my head and go about and do about half of what I planned to do that day.

Galuf
09-09-2016, 05:06 PM
eoff/xbox/college

Karifean
09-09-2016, 07:57 PM
When I have the time, I usually stay in bed for an hour or two before getting up. After that I just kinda do whatever. I'm not a morning person.

Sephex
09-13-2016, 01:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/KCwQaoA.png

qwertysaur
09-16-2016, 03:49 AM
I get up, shower and get on the train where I grade some papers or browse the Internet. Sometimes I'll eat breakfast but I prefer my extra 15 minutes of sleep. Graduate school + teaching = very little sleep.

Colonel Angus
09-16-2016, 04:29 AM
Get up & empty the bladder.

Aulayna
09-17-2016, 12:24 AM
I pretty much stay in bed until the last possible moment before forcing myself to get up. I'm not a morning person in the slightest anymore.

Crop
09-17-2016, 08:49 AM
On weekdays when I work, I like to go for a run as soon as I wake up. Then I'll come home and jump in the shower, followed by breakfast. I'll usually have about 30 minutes before I have to leave for work, so I'll watch a bit of TV or read. I enjoy it.

On the weekend I like to keep it less structured. I don't set an alarm and I like to keep it slow in the mornings.

escobert
09-17-2016, 04:40 PM
My alarm goes off at 5AM and I hit snooze once. Then I get up and make a cup of coffee and get myself ready.