PDA

View Full Version : Character Deaths!

Bubba
09-09-2016, 09:29 AM
So Final Fantasy has pretty bloody history with killing off characters from... well, I'm not gonna list them all but we know there have been A LOT. Do you think one of the main cast is gonna meet their demise in the new instalment?

Who do you think it might be? Why?

Discuss!

Fynn
09-09-2016, 09:35 AM
Regis

Possibly Cor

Galuf
09-09-2016, 10:03 AM
nah whatll happen is the glasses dude (prompto or ignis) will have to make a sacrifice..

the team is stuck in a facility and its about to explode. so glasses guy runs down to some controls and destroys the exit door for the hero's with a mechanism.
Trapped, Glasses guy tells Noctis he is done and to leave him behind.
the team escape and see the facility exploding, the grieve but soon recover themselves so they can avenge Glasses guy.

Fastforward to the final battle. Noctis and his crew are near death. the big bad has won....

UNTIL: Glasses guy swoops in, catching big bad off and weaking them. he heals the crew and the true battle begins.

also never explains how Glasses guy survives

Fynn
09-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Idk, that intro that shows the future with older Noctis has all four of his buddies present. I don't think any of them will die.

Galuf
09-09-2016, 10:09 AM
idk. i havent seen much news.

but i only said it because its a stupid idea they have already done.

like 5 times IN ONE game

Fynn
09-09-2016, 10:12 AM
idk. i havent seen much news.

but i only said it because its a stupid idea they have already done.

like 5 times IN ONE game

Oh yes. They totally have. Thankfully, that hasn't happened since. I wonder why.

Galuf
09-09-2016, 10:13 AM
i dont. it made so much sense to fall from a height explode and just have sprained arm

Fynn
09-09-2016, 10:16 AM
My favorite was being swallowed by a whale and coming back older and hot.

Galuf
09-09-2016, 10:18 AM
that makes no sense so much. that whole thing...

Aulayna
09-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Prompto, we've seen the anime episode about how him and Noctis became friends. Gladio and Ignis originally started as relationships of convenience and/or respect, Prompto was the first true genuine friendship. I expect part of the story will be Prompto's coming of age, transitioning from being a bit of a happy go lucky clumsy fool, to ultimately realising there are things bigger than him, and he'll probably sacrifice himself to save his best friend.

Formalhaut
09-09-2016, 06:26 PM
You mean the game won't be 60 hours of unicorns, rainbows, fluffiness and possible homo-eroticism? :ohdear:

Del Murder
09-09-2016, 07:45 PM
The dad almost certainly will die as FF parents always die. I don't think any of the mains will die.

Fox
09-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Aerith again, somehow.

FFNut
09-09-2016, 09:50 PM
Noctis, but after the end as a final sacrifice to ensure the everlasting fluff with unicorns poop.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-10-2016, 12:27 AM
I think if one of "the main 4" dies it has to be end game. If you primarily control Noctis, and a lot of his big moves are combos with the other members, then by killing one of them you effectively remove a fourth of Noctis' skill set. Out of all the awesome guest characters revealed, there's been no indication that one of them will replace the stats of a pre-existing party member.

But with that in mind, the journey won't be without sadness or loss. Kingsglaive and the trailer reveals for the game do a good job of showing struggle and life threatening situations.

Vermachtnis
09-10-2016, 12:52 AM
Does this still take place in the XIII continuity thingy? Cause Etro won't let anyone die.

Wolf Kanno
09-10-2016, 03:30 AM
I'm pretty sure Regis is going to die, stories involving Kings and their old enough to rule sons tend to spell bad news for the kings. I can also see Lunafreya's bodyguard getting killed off for a character building moment for her. While I don't really see the main playable cast biting the bullet, I can totally see them pulling a fake out one where each member has to stay behind to fight something so Noctis can move on, with each scene looking absolutely dire for all of them until they all show up in a heroic rescue of Noctis at his lowest point in the final battle.

DMKA
09-10-2016, 03:44 AM
I have a feeling Prompto isn't going to make it out alive. I've had that feeling for a long time now.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-10-2016, 05:30 AM
Regis dying was known before even Kingsglaive was released. I'm pretty sure they even mention the fact during the Uncovered Event. I mean we also have been shown gameplay footage where Noctis and crew finds out about his death.

As for in the main game, who will die, I have a strong feeling that it will be Lunafrey from how she talked in Kingsglaive about her destiny is to make sure Noctis fulfils his. As well as the fact that she's an oracle and while they are departing from the FFXIII it is a remanent from th Bersus days and well, we know how that goes. Or the twist is Noctis' destiny is to die to save Eos or he dies in Luna's stead .

I dunno if my later tags were necessary...