PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do?

Loony BoB
09-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Get up on my feet and stop making tired excuses~

What would you do if you were the owner of EoFF?

EDIT: Assume you have money to afford some small payments but nothing substantial. :shifty: Say £1000 at a real push. And that's out of your pocket because EoFF doesn't pay it's own bills atm. :( It's not bad, mind you. I probably spend more money on takeaways in one week than I lose per month to EoFF.

Shauna
09-09-2016, 11:21 AM
Too lazy to try and work out what to do yourself, eh? ;D

Loony BoB
09-09-2016, 11:25 AM
:shifty:

FFNut
09-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Find a great guy named Bob to run this fantastic site.

Fynn
09-09-2016, 12:26 PM
PAY THE STAFF

Galuf
09-09-2016, 01:10 PM
blow it up

Bubba
09-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Sell it to Bubba

Loony BoB
09-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Bubba, this is on the assumption you have already had it sold to you.

Do you people have no dreams, no plans, no ideals for EoFF!? Goodness me. I was planning what I was going to do with EoFF a decade before I owned it. :')

Except you Fynn. Although I've no idea where you find the money to pay staff. What changes would you make to the place aside from that?

Bubba
09-09-2016, 01:49 PM
Bubba, this is on the assumption you have already had it sold to you.

I know. I would sell it to myself... and make a damn good profit!

Fynn
09-09-2016, 01:53 PM
Well, I'd try to really nurture our relationship with Square Enix so that we could have actual first-hand, exclusive reports at E3 and other events, as well as more freebies like the 25th anniversary posters to give away to members.

Night Fury
09-09-2016, 02:55 PM
Well, if I was the owner of Eyes on FF, I assume I'd have enough disposable income to first buy it from Loony BoB at a good price. So I'd be fairly rich, I'd invest a lot of money into the site to get it more widely recognised as an FF news and editorial site.

I'd definitely push to hire paid staff to churn out articles, I'd hire paid developers to get it up to speed and into 2016 and looking modern and fresh.

Then when all this was done, and the site was the most popular and respected FF site in the world, I would delete it entirely, and keep the address but it then just links to a giant glittery poop emoji.

Loony BoB
09-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Assume you have money to afford some small payments but nothing substantial. :shifty: Say £1000 at a real push. And that's out of your pocket because EoFF doesn't pay it's own bills atm. :( It's not bad, mind you. I probably spend more money on takeaways in one week than I lose per month to EoFF.

EDIT: Threw that into the OP as well.

Psychotic
09-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Overhaul the frontsite news section with a brand new CMS and site redesign. I want a hundred YOU MAY LIKE articles on the bottom of each one damnit
Separate frontiste from news/articles and game resources. The game resources would be in a wiki format so the users could take control of its management rather than having it routed centrally through staff.
Image redesign. Logos, colours, branding and so on. Annifont would be the first against the wall. A fine EoFF tradition but it's 2016 and it's more suited to a Geocities website along with 3D rotating gifs and frames.
Targeted ad campaigns on Facebook and YouTube specifically aimed at Final Fantasy related content (eg running an ad on a FFXV trailer)
Look into ways of remunerating website staff. Maybe whoever does the most wiki edits a quarter gets a £20 Steam voucher. Maybe Editors get the ad revenue from their articles (though maybe this encourages clickbait idk, needs more work)
Consider a forums change to a Reddit style system of replies. People would be really smurfing angry about this at first (so would I, don't worry) so I do stress the word consider. Maybe it could be trialed in a couple of the subforums and see how it goes.
Abolish the Ciddies
Abolish Loony BoB
ABOLISH FREE WILL

Fynn
09-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Oh YES PLEASE abolish the Ciddies! That thing is dumb and nobody likes it!

Shauna
09-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Defos get that frontsite looking snazzy.

Sephex
09-13-2016, 01:30 AM
Every click makes a fart sound and a gif of a disappointed Tim Curry appears.

Christmas
09-29-2022, 04:31 AM
Overhaul the frontsite news section with a brand new CMS and site redesign. I want a hundred YOU MAY LIKE articles on the bottom of each one damnit
Separate frontiste from news/articles and game resources. The game resources would be in a wiki format so the users could take control of its management rather than having it routed centrally through staff.
Image redesign. Logos, colours, branding and so on. Annifont would be the first against the wall. A fine EoFF tradition but it's 2016 and it's more suited to a Geocities website along with 3D rotating gifs and frames.
Targeted ad campaigns on Facebook and YouTube specifically aimed at Final Fantasy related content (eg running an ad on a FFXV trailer)
Look into ways of remunerating website staff. Maybe whoever does the most wiki edits a quarter gets a £20 Steam voucher. Maybe Editors get the ad revenue from their articles (though maybe this encourages clickbait idk, needs more work)
Consider a forums change to a Reddit style system of replies. People would be really smurfing angry about this at first (so would I, don't worry) so I do stress the word consider. Maybe it could be trialed in a couple of the subforums and see how it goes.
Abolish the Ciddies
Abolish Loony BoB
ABOLISH FREE WILL

Get it done man. I think Del Murder practices the "Everyone is the Owner" policy here.