PDA

View Full Version : Most wonderful sound

Fynn
09-09-2016, 07:34 PM
Some sounds just make you feel nice and relaxed, calm, at ease. Like your heart's warming up. Sound like...

The wind blowing in the treest in summer...
tWfTLafvmXM

The eerily majestic whale song...
savCAd6RyPIp

Or Seth Rogen's laugh...
pBuqhbY-K4U

So what are some of your favorite sounds?

Formalhaut
09-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Rain, definitely. I'm honestly surprised I don't have a rain sound thing on my iPod or chillout playlist. The sound of rain is just mesmerising.

Karifean
09-09-2016, 07:39 PM
If it counts, piano keys being hit. There's little things as soothing as the sound of a piano being played calmly and slowly somewhere in the background far away.

FFNut
09-09-2016, 07:54 PM
I like the crackle of a fire burning. Nothing quite like sitting up all night beside a fire outside with good friends.

Galuf
09-09-2016, 08:14 PM
I LOVE THE DEMI SPELL SOUND IN FF6.

Loony BoB
09-09-2016, 09:30 PM
I like voices. There are some people out there that have voices that really appeal to me and I am just happy to listen to them talk.

Not including music, the other sounds I like tend to be rain and fire, yeah. Babbling brooks are also good. And Tui calls.

Lyndis Highwind
09-09-2016, 10:03 PM
I love listening to it rain outside my window. I also love listening to snow, although it doesn't snow much where I live.

theundeadhero
09-10-2016, 12:21 AM
I like farts. They make me giggle.

Pheesh
09-10-2016, 12:40 AM
I like the satisfying chink of a basketball going into a chain net perfectly, and to a lesser extent the swish from a regular net.

I like the sound of waves crashing and the tide rolling back out afterwards.

This one's cheesy but if I'm not at work when Tara wakes up and she knows I'm in, she'll cry out in a very distinctive way to let me know she's up. It never ceases to make me laugh.

And finally I too enjoy a good fart sound, cause they're hilarious.

Pumpkin
09-10-2016, 05:06 AM
Running water of any kind for me. Rain, fountains, storm, shower, waterfall... just water, I love it. It was a must for my home birth and when I can't sleep, I just turn on some nice rain noises.

Sephex
09-13-2016, 01:28 AM
A good guitar or good guitar solo. Traffic in the distance. Wind blowing with rustling leaves in the fall. Most video game chimes where you did the right thing. The original Playstation boot sound. Rain during a quiet storm.

Yar
09-16-2016, 08:54 PM
This:

H47ow4_Cmk0

Vermachtnis
09-16-2016, 11:43 PM
I'm also going to say rain. Especially on a tin roof. Also the click of Pokéball after spending hours trying to catch something.

Night Fury
09-17-2016, 06:05 AM
Rain is an excellent shout and I support that.

One of the best moments of my life was while I was in Mexico, and we were staying in cabins which were sort of set in like..... a really deep crater of a mountain - well, the mountains sort of circled around this town. Anyway, it was the middle of the morning - like 10am and my second day there... All of a sudden this AMAZING tropical rain storm sounded, and I'll never forget the sound of the thunder as it bounced and circled around the 'crater' like, I can be funny with thunder but the acoustics of that, with the rain, and the fact it was light out and we just danced in the pouring warm rain. It was fan-smurfing-tastic.

I like the sound of a crackling log fire!

Finally, I live in a pretty quiet neighbourhood here and very often in the summer I get woken up early by a local Kookaburra and the sound is just beautiful.

EDIT: I remembered another! I love the sound of Magnum yawning. It's soooooooooo super cute and he does it on a morning when he comes up to give me a cuddle/wake me up! I will make the noise to him and he does it back. Adorable! In fact lots of the noises my dogs make are great. Rotty barks are wonderful!

ANOTHER EDIT: OH MY GOD BABY LAUGHS. I dunno they just trigger something maternal in me!