PDA

View Full Version : Game that made you feel like a badass.

Wolf Kanno
09-10-2016, 06:05 AM
Games are suppose to be about empowerment, so let's discuss some games that made you feel awesome.

Spuuky
09-10-2016, 06:59 AM
The first thing that comes to mind, definitely, is Gothic. The main reason is that you start as such an impotent, worthless guy - but you become so powerful by the end, and the game is very organic about opening things up to you immediately, but making it clear that you just can't beat them. Even in simple things like your attack animation, you're very incompetent at the start, and your animation becomes smoother and better as you become more skilled.

Vermachtnis
09-10-2016, 08:30 AM
Skyrim, any Bethesda game really, maybe Morrowind does it better. But in Skyrim you are the Dragonborn. You eat Dragons. You attack by shouting. You can yell at a dragon to land so you can punch it. Doing an unarmed run in Skyrim is so much fun, especially since there isn't an Unarmed tree, just a couple of perks and an enchantment.

Pike
09-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Morrowind because because by the end of the game you can basically break the game by enchanting yourself into a god

Dragon Age 2 because Hawke is the ultimate badass like I love playing as them, kirkwall doesn’t stand a chance honestly

Pete for President
09-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes to mind. I remember paying this dude for some intel and punched him K.O. right after to take my money back. Good times!

Jinx
09-10-2016, 09:10 PM
Hyrule Warriors!

Formalhaut
09-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Hyrule Warriors!

And off from this, pretty much any Dynasty Warriors game. Such a great game to just slaughter thousands without batting an eyelid.

Madame Adequate
09-10-2016, 10:12 PM
Aside from what Pike said, MGR:R. Once you git gud, Jack is totally insane and great.

Pheesh
09-11-2016, 04:53 AM
God of War 3. That game reaches some epic levels of bad-assery.

Night Fury
09-11-2016, 09:54 AM
I really feel like a badass in Mass Effect. Mostly because my Shepard looks like an absolute stone cold bitch and I like to think of her as an extension of myself!

Mr. Carnelian
09-11-2016, 10:08 AM
Hyrule Warriors!

And off from this, pretty much any Dynasty Warriors game. Such a great game to just slaughter thousands without batting an eyelid.

Agreed. In Dynasty Warriors, you can toss waves of enemies around like dolls. It's very cathartic.

FFNut
09-11-2016, 02:36 PM
For me, either Skyrim or Dragon Age II made me very dominant.

Vyk
09-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Lord of the Rings: War in the North, and Sleeping Dogs come to mind pretty easily. The combat can be varied and intense, and they all end big fights with a slow-motion death animation that somehow sticks the landing for me feeling like a badass

Hyper Light Drifter and Transistor ended up making me feel awesome in the end because they require a bit of skill and coordination, but once you get used to it, and figure out what works best for you, dashing around destroying stuff feels awesome

Peter1986
09-11-2016, 06:28 PM
Final Fantasy 7.
That game allows for some truly hysterical overpowered Materia combos at the end of the game, to the point that it becomes absolutely ridiculous.
For example, try this one out (colour-coded just for fun):

Master Command = HP Absorb
Master Magic = MP Absorb
Master Summon = MP Absorb
Knights Of Round =Sneak Attack
Knights Of Round = Final Attack
Phoenix = Final Attack
Double Cut /// Slash-All

This allows you to start with a Knights Of Round attack, which is already most likely doom to anything you will meet.
And even if that fails, you can just use 4x-Cut or Slash-All on the enemies, which will also make you absorb a crapload of HP.
And if you die, you will cast Phoenix to revive yourself, and Knights Of Round to kill everything afterwards.
Of course, there is a posibility that my memory is incorrect and that some of these combos won't actually work in the game, but you get the point;
I do know that for some reason Master Command can be paired with HP Absorb in order to make some ordinary Command Materias absorb HP, which is pretty insane.

And of course, you can also try Mime "Omnislash" over and over, which might sound way too good to be true but you can actually do that.

Crop
09-13-2016, 08:03 AM
Infamous 1. Man I need to replay that game.

Forsaken Lover
09-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Infamous 1. Man I need to replay that game.

Gotta get some of that sweet Sasha. I can't blame you.

Loony BoB
09-13-2016, 07:01 PM
If you play Left 4 Dead often enough then you will stumble into moments where everything just goes excellently for you and you feel amazing when that happens. Same with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

If you're ever that one guy alive at the end of a trial in FFXIV and you win, you feel incredible. Everyone is relying on you, the odds are stacked against you, and sometimes you manage to pull it off.

I remember I once had a game of Halo 3... it was one of those PVP things where you have swords and I am, uh, not very good at Halo 3. And then one day we went in and I basically just had a damned near flawless game (by my standards), topping the charts by some distance. I felt great. I'm not sure I felt like a badass. I was just stunned I did so well considering I'm usually horrible. xD

For single player games... Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I guess? Oh, Batman Arkham Asylum, when you go into that small room with about 50 goons and just beat them all to crap. Uhm... yeah I'm not really sure what else. D:

Pumpkin
09-15-2016, 03:20 PM
I've been trying to think of this and I guess I just don't really go for this feeling too much? Probably Saints Row The Third because of how over the top and ridiculous I could be and was encouraged to be. But other games I don't really go for the "badass" feel, I guess?

Fynn
09-15-2016, 03:22 PM
Um, Baldur's Gate II, I guess? I mean, it's hard for me to judge this, but dayum, those high-level abilities!

Bubba
09-15-2016, 03:26 PM
Honestly, just any game that I play.

My gaming skills are of such a high level that even playing Pony Friends 2 on the Wii makes me feel like a God.

Loony BoB
09-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Oh, just remembered another one. Army of Two: The 40th Day has these slow-mo 90's action movie moments where you basically take down an entire army together in dramatic fashion, and you can't help but feel awesome doing it.

Christmas
06-20-2022, 12:13 PM
Any games with cheats or mods. I alway want to be the dominating person in anything I do. My hamster is not allowed to breathe without my permission. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
06-20-2022, 11:16 PM
The thing that came immediately to mind for me is Prototype. Not actually the reckless god-tier destruction, but just moving around. It made me feel like such a badass being able to jump around and fly and wall run and all that good shit.

This ties to how good Morrowind feels. Yes, all the big damage wahey is great, but the thing that really makes me feel like a beast is jumping around and levitating and such.

Vyk
06-23-2022, 07:35 PM
To add to my answer from 2016 Furi and Ghost of Tsushima are games that rely on dexterous skill and make you feel like a badass once you get the the feel and the rhythm of a fight down

Winning some of the crazier fights in God of War 2018 like beating all the Valkyries, you had to be on your A game and it felt great

Mr Gashtacular
06-24-2022, 09:21 AM
when certain survival and other gameplay elements aligned just right on Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater, it really felt like Naked Snake was overcoming some serious struggle and becoming, well, badass. lots of growth and legend-building in that game