PDA

View Full Version : SaGa Scarlet Grace gets a Gameplay Trailer

Wolf Kanno
09-13-2016, 08:24 PM
Scarlet Grace is the newest entry in the long loved SaGa franchise of Square-Enix and serves as a celebration of twenty five years of giving RPG gamers some of the quirkiest designs in the genre. While the game is getting released in Japan sometime in December for the PSVita, this trailer is actually one of the first to give us a glimpse of the gameplay.

Q4uRGEJsb9Y

Fynn
09-13-2016, 08:43 PM
Looks... interesting, I guess. Though I doubt this will see a Western release, sadly. At least I can be happy that they're working on the Western release of Romancing Saga 2 on the Vita.

Vyk
10-31-2016, 06:20 PM
I generally hate Japanese trailers, and I don't know how Japanese audiences can get a good feel for any game with trailers the way they usually do them. This one at least shows SOME gameplay. But it just looks like random encounter combat. So it tells me very little

Most Japanese trailers like to brandish some cryptic hyperbolic text, throw some character or background art around, and then let you know what console its coming to. Possible a release date as well. They don't usually tell you anything about what type of game they're advertising, or what that game brings to the table that should interest you. So unless you're only interested in the look of some of the characters, and the cryptic text as a vague idea of the plot, there's nothing

/rant

Fynn
10-31-2016, 07:03 PM
Tha's usually just teasers/release trailers though. Honestly, I have no idea when was the last time I saw a trailer to a Japanese game that didn't have gameplay in it