PDA

View Full Version : Everything's on Fire, I was gone for X minutes!

Freya
09-15-2016, 05:23 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/zPOErRpLtHWbm/giphy.gif

Do you have a "I was only gone for X minutes, why is everything on fire!?" story?

I had one job where I went to the bathroom, came back out and a coworker is just staring at me blankly with printer toner all over him and the floor... and the counter... and the safe.

FFNut
09-15-2016, 05:31 PM
Many as I was forced to work with a cross shift who would do nothing but lie (including on his resume) and was in way over his head. Take a day off and you would see flames shooting from the place.

Pike
09-15-2016, 05:52 PM
Back when one hour photo labs still existed and I worked at one, I went on break when everything was nice and quiet and came out to the guy who was covering my break having put the wrong type of film through the wrong chemicals and ruining some guy's photos that he'd taken of his newborn baby. Completely unsalvageable. Like if he had shown up ten minutes earlier or later it wouldn't have happened.

It's been ten years and I still think about that sometimes, like damn dude, worst timing ever.

LovelessFirefly6
11-19-2016, 08:18 AM
I work in a kitchen, I left my co-worker (who was cleaning the deep fryers) to use the washroom really fast. Apparently while I was gone, he had balanced the oil jug (covered in cardboard to absorb extra oil in case it leaks) against the exhaust vent on the back of the fryer while the new oil was draining out of the jug. obviously it lit on fire, and I came back to him panicking and yelling for me to put it out. I had to throw it out the back door and pour a bucket of mop water (which was outside already thank god) on it to put it out. I was literally gone for 3 minutes and this guy is in charge of me. ugh. lol

krissy
11-19-2016, 03:48 PM
every time i stop posting at eoff for like a month

jenovajunkie
11-21-2016, 09:51 AM
For sure, I have a tremor; my parents don't purchase accessible items that everyone can use; this gives them more control over my everything. I was trying to change the bag of milk and it spilt all over the counter, like all over. And when I try to open cans of coke by myself this happens. So I try to stay away from cans, but I've managed to learn how to use my keys when I'm out in public.