PDA

View Full Version : Preview of World of Final Fantasy

Depression Moon
09-18-2016, 03:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hg8G5JMgA8

This game still looks too slow for me. I can see why they added the emulator-like speed up function.

Mirage
09-18-2016, 03:41 AM
Who do they look completely soulless? The small guys i mean.

after watching the trailer i guess it's just a case of the entire game looking like complete shit

TheKeybasHKey
09-18-2016, 09:20 AM
I donīt whereīs the Voices, You can dissable the Voices or itīs like that? Iīm ok with it, iīll get used to it. Like people care for the voices and itīs not Souless people always uses the word as an Excuse for something that they donīt enjoy.

Shauna
09-18-2016, 11:03 AM
It is incredibly slow. If they've got a speed up function, even just for when there are no actions being taken it'll be fine.

Also it is adorable.

Mirage
09-18-2016, 11:10 AM
I donīt whereīs the Voices, You can dissable the Voices or itīs like that? Iīm ok with it, iīll get used to it. Like people care for the voices and itīs not Souless people always uses the word as an Excuse for something that they donīt enjoy.

It's soulless because it's just playing almost entirely on nostalgia, with extremely simplified character designs and animations that look like they didn't really care about giving the game its own character.

Formalhaut
09-18-2016, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I'm not really feeling this game. Maybe because they've released so many damn trailers for it.

maybee
09-19-2016, 05:59 AM
It is incredibly slow. If they've got a speed up function, even just for when there are no actions being taken it'll be fine.

Also it is adorable.

Yeah agree, the game is adorable, though it's too slow. Still can't wait to buy it and play it this October though !

Loony BoB
09-20-2016, 12:14 PM
Like with old FF games, I imagine there will be settings for speed, and I imagine the speed of the game will feel faster when you're playing it rather than watching it. Your mind will be picking out which option to go with and sometimes you don't want to be rushed on that.

I don't feel like it's soulless any more than I feel like any other FF is soulless. I'm really unsure how you define a game as having soul or not. I think KeyBash is probably right in that it's a word that anyone can throw around about any game if they just don't feel attachment to it.

Aulayna
09-20-2016, 06:50 PM
Also have to remember that this game is aimed predominately at children, or parents playing with their children. The entire sales pitch when it was unveiled at E3 2015 was for it to be a way for older fans to introduce younger children to the franchise, while still having enough tactical depth for older fans to find it enjoyable.

Formalhaut
09-20-2016, 07:19 PM
I keep forgetting that this game is marketed towards children. :p

Is Daddy Bubba going to pick it up, then?