PDA

View Full Version : Luke Cage Is on Netflix

Depression Moon
09-30-2016, 10:17 PM
It's up now. I watched the first two episodes. I love it. I love how unapologetic it is with its blackness. We needed a bulletproof black man right now.

Del Murder
09-30-2016, 11:39 PM
Welp, there goes my weekend.

Mirage
10-01-2016, 12:16 AM
oh i was gonna check this out

thanks for the reminder

Formalhaut
10-01-2016, 12:30 AM
I wasn't going to, as I wasn't sure how Luke Cage would work after Jessica Jones, but I might give it a crack on second thoughts!

blackmage_nuke
10-02-2016, 09:44 AM
"Ha they say Hells Kitchen quite a lot in Daredevil"
"Oh man they've said Jessica Jones so many times the words have lost all meaning"

Little did we know that was only just a warm up to how many times they will be saying Harlem and Luke Cage. I expect the script of Iron Fist will be entirely made up of the neighbourhood it's set in and the guys name

Depression Moon
10-02-2016, 04:52 PM
My god Cottonmouth's origin y'all!

Slothy
10-06-2016, 09:28 PM
Finished it the other day. Loved it. Another win for Marvel and Netflix

Del Murder
11-11-2016, 09:27 PM
Finally finished this. Took me a while because it got pretty bad at the end. Probably the opposite effect of Jessica Jones. Luke Cage started good. I liked Luke, Pop as Uncle Ben was a nice touch, we had a charismatic main villain in Cottonmouth and a somewhat mysterious subvillain in Shades. Spoilers from here.

It all went downhill after Cottonmouth was killed. I liked him and I like the actor, and he had good chemistry with Luke. Diamondback was a terrible replacement. The level of exposition he needed to establish himself in his first episode was asinine. And then they give him a standard 'daddy issues' motivation? Cottonmouth's motivation was so much more interesting. His backstory was fascinating. Much more than his cousin's. I did not like Diamondback's actor or the character and the chemistry with both Luke and Shades was nonexistent, which brought down both characters.

And Misty, gods what a terrible character. My wife and I both laughed in the finale when the Inspector said she was one of the best detectives she'd ever seen. Misty couldn't figure out her partner was dirty, that Luke was a good guy, she assaulted two civilians, couldn't protect her witness. She loses her cell phone that is the only connection to her secret witness and thinks 'ho hum that's random oh well better get a new one later!' Come on, you fool.

The only good thing about the second half was when Claire became a regular. She is a badass and his show definitely needed her.