PDA

View Full Version : But where is the character?

Wolf Kanno
10-01-2016, 08:04 AM
Based on a really old thread I believe Forsaken Lover did back in 2006, but expanded to the RPG genre as a whole, who are characters you feel you would have liked more had the developers bothered to give them their time to shine?

NeoCracker
10-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Final Fantasy IX I feel handled all the characters a lot better then some people gave the game credit for, but dear god did Amarant get the shaft here. Some good things going for him, but no time to actually shine or grow.

Formalhaut
10-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Persona is pretty bad at late-arrival characters. I mean, characters like Naoto, Ken and Shinjiro still get oodles of development, but it is more condensed into their social links (which you have less time for, because of their late arrival) and there tends to be less time spent with the group as a whole.

And there isn't much downtime either because from mid-October both games get very serious and heavy so you don't actually have much time with Naoto just doing fun things. Fortunately, Golden extends play into January and February allowing for more moments.

Ffamran mied Bunansa
11-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Recently we had I am Setsuna, where one of your party members is gotten right before the last boss fight. Very little is learned about them too. I think they could have been really cool if given the chance though.